Referees’ Performances 2018/19

Looked to me like there were three or four City players offside when the ball was headed on for the second time (by Stones?), Aguero being one of them, but water under the bridge anyway

I think the defender marking Jesus may have been playing them all on but you're right no point dwelling.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t even notice the ref yesterday.
That's best can be said about any ref.
The offside goal wasn't (with video freeze framing) but that's not the ref's fault. VAR is the only way to sort that out.
The most pleasing thing was that he gave fouls to both sides for the same standard of poor tackle. I can't remember the last time that happened at a City game.

That's best can be said about any ref.
The offside goal wasn't (with video freeze framing) but that's not the ref's fault. VAR is the only way to sort that out.
The most pleasing thing was that he gave fouls to both sides for the same standard of poor tackle. I can't remember the last time that happened at a City game.
From my vantage point in EL304, I thought immediately off side. I've not yet seen the replay, so I could have been wrong. (Unlike @Tom_mcfc , who is never wrong. ;-))

Jesus 'offside ' goal not even shown or debated on MOTD, completely airbrushed from history. Aguero wasn't offside either.

It's come to something about the standard of referees in our games that we praise an officials performance because they only prevented one game changing decision in our favour.

Apparently, according to Dermott Gallagher, we are now judging offsides based on foot position, so v.a.r. was correct & Pogba got the ball, so yellow card is the correct decision as he didn't mean any harm.

INCIDENT: Paul Pogba is booked after catching on Dele Alli with a high tackle, before the United midfielder then kicks the ball away.

VERDICT: Correct decision, just a booking.

DERMOT SAYS: I think yellow card. He goes to win the ball with the other foot, he has taken a step to go over it, he does go over the ball and he catches him on the back of the thigh. It is reckless, but he genuinely goes to play the ball.

So that's today's new interpretation of both rules.

I wonder what the interpretation will be next week ?

Apparently, according to Dermott Gallagher, we are now judging offsides based on foot position, so v.a.r. was correct & Pogba got the ball, so yellow card is the correct decision as he didn't mean any harm.

INCIDENT: Paul Pogba is booked after catching on Dele Alli with a high tackle, before the United midfielder then kicks the ball away.

DERMOT SAYS: I think yellow card. He goes to win the ball with the other foot, he has taken a step to go over it, he does go over the ball and he catches him on the back of the thigh. It is reckless, but he genuinely goes to play the ball.

Gallagher is a refs union boy, he'll never say the referee saw it and got it wrong. You can see Higginbotham, Mills, Morrison, White etc shaking their heads and thinking "they weren't the rules last week though were they you lying ****?" every Monday with him.

Its entirely dependant on the colour of the shirt im reliably informed.

Depends on what the rags/dippers do, surprised you needed to even ask.

It all depends upon who it is... that’s the thing about Football - the rules are now totally flexible and are applied on the basis of who we are talking about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.