Referees Still Needed

blueinbolton77

If anyone is interested, many leagues in the North West are eager to take on new referees.

Normally, a Sunday league game will pay around £25.00, or the under 16 games will pay between £10.00-£20.00, refereeing at the younger age levels is a great way to start refereeing, and you get paid! I can do a satruday morning game and still get to the Match in the afternoon ;-)

Of course, if you're fit enough, and take it seriously, this can also mean promotion to a pretty reasonble level and a great rate of pay if you referee at or over county level and turn it into a profession.

It can be stressful, you will make mistakes, you will get some stick. But you will also have great fun, you will get support, you will make a direct contribution to a players future, and you also ensure that the life blood of the sport ( grass roots level ), is run professionally and safely for everyone concerned.

You can find courses to become qualified at both the Manchester and Lancashire FA sites, and if you contact the FA, you can get information about the courses available throughout the country.

http://www.thefa.com

You can also contact Peter Roberts who is the Referee Development Officer at the Manchester FA, he's a nice bloke.

Salford Sports Village, 325 Littleton Road, Lower Kersal, Salford | M7 3NQ (t) 0161 604 7619

MaineDAWG2008 said:
what age can u take the courses at?

cos im in my 30's

No problem. From 14 years old, and until you're no longer fit enough! I'm 46, still enjoying the game.

Anyone who refs at any league standard has my respect. The amount of stick they get is unbelievable. Some of the stick is justified to a certain extent, but I've seen refs threatened, punched and the way they're spoken to for 90 minutes on a miserable Sunday morning when they could easily say "Balls to you, ref it yourselves" is out of order.

Joycee Banercheck said:
Anyone who refs at any league standard has my respect. The amount of stick they get is unbelievable. Some of the stick is justified to a certain extent, but I've seen refs threatened, punched and the way they're spoken to for 90 minutes on a miserable Sunday morning when they could easily say "Balls to you, ref it yourselves" is out of order.

Yeah i suppose so. But most ref's my age have been married once, so we get by......

.....I'll get me hat and coat...

Seriously, it's improved a lot. Many games cannot be played without an official, and some leagues have to close because of no refs. It's an important role, to help and encourage young players ( and protect them from coaches and parents alike !! ), and encourage other players to get out on the field, whatever age, gender, colour or race, and enjoy a game.

Joycee Banercheck said:

Pahaha, yeah I get shit all the time. You make one bad decision and you know you got it wrong, and they'll remember it all game even if after that you ref a blinder. If you laugh at 'em it pisses them right off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.