Refreshing Change

It baffles me too.

In the recent Milner thread, along with Milner, Boateng, Balotelli and Kolarov were all given 'the treatment.'

In 6 to 12 months the same people who are slating them will be jacking off over how good they are. I understand that a critical analysis of some player's performances may not always be positive (and rightly so) but it's the attiude that they're 'finished', 'useless' and 'shit' before they've even ran a mile on the pitch for us that does my head in.

Personally I just can't wait to see this team develop over the next few seasons, and that means accepting and understanding that there's going to be occasional rough with whole lot of smooth, both individually and collectively as a team.

Lordeffingham said:
Argueably our best 3 players in terms of long term value and absolute brilliance in their respective positions have to be Kompany, De Jong and Silva, and all three have been at the wrong end of ridicule and abuse from bluemooners, which at the respective times has almost bordered on character assasination and hatred.
And wouldn't you know it, AntMcfc praised them all along. Lesson to be learnt, I am always right.

I agree that players should be given more time to get established. Silva is a good example.

Ballotelli will not 'make the grade'. He has the potential but will automatically be targeted by certain players. No matter how much he calms down, players in the mould of Robbie Savage and clubs like the rags, Stoke, Blackburn will target Mario just to get him to react and get him sent off.

You could see this when Joey Barton started getting into trouble. It was very easy to tackle him and get a reaction from him. The end result, he had to go.

beziersblue said:
I agree that players should be given more time to get established. Silva is a good example.

Ballotelli will not 'make the grade'. He has the potential but will automatically be targeted by certain players. No matter how much he calms down, players in the mould of Robbie Savage and clubs like the rags, Stoke, Blackburn will target Mario just to get him to react and get him sent off.

You could see this when Joey Barton started getting into trouble. It was very easy to tackle him and get a reaction from him. The end result, he had to go.
The end result was Barton being our best player for 2 years straight and completely carrying us when we needed it most.

masterwig said:
It's not a coincidence that we lost without De Jong and got back to winning ways on his return. He's more than just a stopper.

True that, even though Tevez wears the armband, De Jong simly IS the captain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.