Regrouping of singers within the stadium

desperatedon said:
Tim of the Oak said:
mancityvstoke said:
better still let's sit in silence and moan all game

spot on mate!!

Time for the Poznan to return as well!

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I prefer a traditional football atmosphere that City managed for decades, but if you kids feel that you can't manage that without introducing novelty American and European ideas then you just go ahead.

Well there is no more traditional football atmosphere, sitting in silence until we score maybe ??. We need to try something new.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
desperatedon said:
Tim of the Oak said:
spot on mate!!

Time for the Poznan to return as well!

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I prefer a traditional football atmosphere that City managed for decades, but if you kids feel that you can't manage that without introducing novelty American and European ideas then you just go ahead.

Well there is no more traditional football atmosphere, sitting in silence until we score maybe ??. We need to try something new.

Maybe you are right, the old fashioned atmosphere had alot to do with standing but then again that's what the majority of the SS do already. I don't know what the answer is but I don't think it is a band. Having said that we usually manage to create a bit of noise at away grounds with good old fashioned bawling and shouting. We could be over thinking this. Hopefully the new SS configuration will sort it out, when you get massed like minded fans together everyone tends to get involved.

The 1894 Group have approached the Club with regards to reconfiguring singers within the stadium. We believe this is the single best way we can improve the atmosphere from the start of the 2015-2016 season and we are supported in that view by the official Manchester City supporters club.

We now have a golden opportunity to do this which cannot be missed. Due to the South Stand 3rd tier extension, away fans will now be split over three thinner blocks over three tiers. This also means that blocks 115 and half of block 114 are amongst the new blocks that become free.

This will give City fans a bigger presence behind the goal. As close to “a full end” as we are ever going to achieve.

If we get the right people into this area it will link up the current “loud” areas between 109 and 119.

The club are receptive to this idea and at this stage we simply need to see what sort of demand there is for such an initiative so we can go back to them with rough numbers of people who would relocate to this area.

We need the right people in this area, people who are going to sing, don’t mind standing up and aren’t against the use of flags and banners.

We need responses in by midnight on 22rd January - this is not a firm commitment but just enables us to go back to the club with a level of interest. The club will then make formal announcements between the middle and end of February.

Please respond to email addres at the bottom of this message if you would be interested in moving to this new dedicated singing area, if you have friends/family who would also like to move please indicate the total number of people on your email.

FAQ
Who is this open to?
Existing 2014-2015 Season Card holders ONLY who will be renewing for the 2015-2016 season.

Which Blocks will the area be in?
South Stand Tier 1, Block 115 and half of Block 114.

How much will these tickets be?
These will be priced at the same price as all other South Stand Lower Blocks. Adult Season 2014-2015 prices were £585 Gold and £635 Platinum, and we foresee a small rise on this for the 2015-2016 Season.

Will there be an opportunity for members or people on the waiting list to move to this area?
Not at present but this is something we might be able to explore at a later stage.

Please drop a mail to - membership1894group@yahoo.co.uk to register your interest in moving.
Just like to say a big thanks to the people involved in the 1894 group and the effort put in by you guys. Through your efforts I have moved to Block 115 with my friends and family to be part of the singing section. Sunday was the most enjoyable match since moving to the stadium and I've been a season ticket holder since it opened and I was at the Hamburg game as well. Atmosphere was like an away game on Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.