Relocating Season Ticket - We've regressed - Whats going on?!

What a load of bollocks. I was looking forward to the leisurely perusal of my annual seat change, now I'll have to ring to no doubt find out I'm number 577 in the queue or piss about at the ground. I'll also have the uneasy feeling that there could be better seats up until the close of deadline.

Current thinking is towards the back of SS L1 or pitch side, I was tempted by the pitch side seats last year but decided against it, so for anyone down there, how little do you see and how often do to get drenched? Moving from SS L3, after a good start against Chelsea it's dead up there and feels detached.
When we first moved to the CoMS as it was I used to sit East Stand Level 3, I moved within a couple of years to Level 1 because - it's hard to explain - you may as well have been watching it on tele as it just doesn't feel like you're there and part of the crowd. Does that make sense? Being on Level 1 makes you feel "part of it" (a City slogan from about 2010 that!). The bad thing about the Etihad is that Level 1 is tiny. I think that's why we always have and always will struggle with atmosphere. Level 1 only goes back about 30 rows. It doesn't house that many people plus we give some of it away to away fans (I think the whole of Level 1 should be City fans only!).

Anyway, I can see a lot of people wanting to re-relocate from SSL3 for the same reasons. A fella who used to sit near me for about ten years moved up to SSL3 and I saw him at the pub a few months ago and he said he didn't like it up there after the initial novelty of being in a new stand.

It's luck of the drawer that someone else's junk is your treasure, you might drop lucky in that when you phone 5 minutes earlier the seat you want may have relocated elsewhere. That's why not being able to keep checking for better options is shit and this is a step back.

Yeah it does seem like a step back. We've got very good seats in 109 but with a newborn we are looking at relocating to the South Stand for a cheaper ST even if it's just for 1 year.

When we first moved to the CoMS as it was I used to sit East Stand Level 3, I moved within a couple of years to Level 1 because - it's hard to explain - you may as well have been watching it on tele as it just doesn't feel like you're there and part of the crowd. Does that make sense? Being on Level 1 makes you feel "part of it" (a City slogan from about 2010 that!). The bad thing about the Etihad is that Level 1 is tiny. I think that's why we always have and always will struggle with atmosphere. Level 1 only goes back about 30 rows. It doesn't house that many people plus we give some of it away to away fans (I think the whole of Level 1 should be City fans only!).

Anyway, I can see a lot of people wanting to re-relocate from SSL3 for the same reasons. A fella who used to sit near me for about ten years moved up to SSL3 and I saw him at the pub a few months ago and he said he didn't like it up there after the initial novelty of being in a new stand.

We sit on the 2nd row of 110 we moved to these new seats from 111 8 rows back with a saving of £280 .. When the weathers bad that £280 really helps when you need to buy a waterproof / wind proof coat and waterproof trousers I'm telling you soaked isn't the word for it haha the view is dependant on who is stood in front of you and to the side if they are taller it's a struggle especially when we have a corner and the security stand up and get in the way lol

Bit of advice would be appreciated, just had confirmation that my 10 year old grandson can apply for his season ticket from the waiting list from next Saturday. I currently sit in SSL3 and would obviously hope he can get a sit next to me due to his age, according to the email I can choose a seat from those available on Saturday, how would I proceed if he can't sit near me ?

Bit of advice needed please. Ive renewed my season card. I'm in the east stand level 3. Due to suffering from copd last season i struggled to get up the spiral! I'm hoping to relocate to any level 1, I'm currently paying 550-00 for my ticket and due to money being a bit tight, was hoping that someone could give me their opinion as to a good view and hopefully save a couple of quid. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of advice needed please. Ive renewed my season card. I'm in the east stand level 3. Due to suffering from copd last season i struggled to get up the spiral! I'm hoping to relocate to any level 1, I'm currently paying 550-00 for my ticket and due to money being a bit tight, was hoping that someone could give me their opinion as to a good view and hopefully save a couple of quid. Thanks.
if you cant get up the spiral you should be entitled to a lift pass - ring customer services and im sure they will help you out

When my Mother still went to games up in L3 she was allowed to use the lift. Ask for a pass for that mate.

Other than that, anywhere from about Row M back in 101-105 would be good for you. Far enough back to stay dry and have a good view. 109-111 have a lot of standing and that does filter down to 106 on occasions so wouldn't be as good for you. Or anywhere Row M back across Colin Bell L1.

and if your looking for somewhere cheaper - south level 3 £360 a third of way back, £300 at back. Theres lift access, but you would need to be in the £360 seats otherwise you will be walking to the back of that stand and need oxygen!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.