Remember, remember the 9th of November

manimanc

This day in 2002 the last derby at Maine road.
Who was there?
I was in the north stand for this one, for the second goal I was stood on my seat and fell through it , had a scrape mark from my ankle to my knee, on both legs! Ouch! But it was well worth it.
Great day from start to finish, was in the boozer at 930 having bacon butties and a few scoops.

For some insane reason i think i was in Platt Lane,cant think why.Great game.cracking atmosphere. What a sweet assured finish by Goater,side of the right foot,low and too close to the keeper for him to get down to and make a save.brilliant brilliant brilliant!

This day in 2002 the last derby at Maine road.
Who was there?
I was in the north stand for this one, for the second goal I was stood on my seat and fell through it , had a scrape mark from my ankle to my knee, on both legs! Ouch! But it was well worth it.
Great day from start to finish, was in the boozer at 930 having bacon butties and a few scoops.

For some insane reason i think i was in Platt Lane,cant think why.Great game.cracking atmosphere. What a sweet assured finish by Goater,side of the right foot,low and too close to the keeper for him to get down to and make a save.brilliant brilliant brilliant!

That one touch by Berkovic into the goat for number 3 was exquisite, was shitting it when they scored thought it was going to go the way of the Maine road derbies of the 90s where we would get ahead then crumble.

Great atmosphere that day. Thought we had no chance when Distin and Howey were ruled out by injury, but Wiekens and Mettomo came in and did a great job. Berkovic was superb.

I was in the Kippax Upper towards the North stand end, first derby win for 13 years following the 5-1, great occasion that confirmed we were finally back competing somewhere close to the top teams after the slide in the second half of the 90s.

Interviewed by French TV before the game . Being effluent in most languages I explained that they wore red and were Wellington, we wore blue and thus Napoleon and today the French would win Waterloo. Pathetic I know, but it pleased the foreign chappies no end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.