Rememberance Programme (Airdrie F*ck Up)

Ricster

Can you believe this? It is 100% genuine

Scottish second division side Airdrie United have apologised after inadvertently using pictures of Nazi soldiers on the cover of their matchday programme the day before Remembrance Day.

Club chairman Jim Ballantyne issued his public apology on Airdrie's website, explaining that a mix-up over a choice of railway-themed photographs had led to the problem.

"The original match sponsor for the game was Network Rail so I decided to base our Remembrance programme images on wartime trains," explained Ballantyne.

"A number of photos were considered and when the final choice was made, the wrong image was lifted which was almost identical to the one that I had selected. Unfortunately it showed German soldiers instead of Allied troops with the nurses.

"As a club, we are hugely supportive of Remembrance and have dedicated our Remembrance weekend programme to poppyscotland for a number of years.

"We always have a minute's silence and we also played in special strips bearing the poppy, all of which makes the programme gaffe very embarrassing.

"Personally, I am devastated at this unfortunate mistake as I am immensely passionate about Remembrance and wear my poppy with pride.

"However you can be assured that the same mistake will never be made again."

world_of_sport-844710495-1289835568.jpg

Honest mistake.

Least they've made a decent effort to honour our soldiers.

Bet they'll double check next time!

It could well be a honest mistake BUT why would a picture with Nazi troops even be placed in front of him for consideration. Someone really screwed but I hope it is not a job effecting issue.

The German soldiers went to fight for their country just like the British. Remembrance day is for ALL soldiers not just British so I don't see the problem at all.

very strange and quite a mistake, but i dont actally find it offensive and i'm quite sure many of the nazi solders would have rather been at home with there wives and girlfreinds insted of being conscripted and made to fight, i'm led to beleive and would stand corrected if anyone knows but poppy day is for all those fallen of all countrys does this include the losses of our enemies from over the years which of course applies to Tevez when he observed silence on sat.
another strange article was about the german nazi bomber pilots who were killed in action over london they were given military funerals complete with the nazi flag and gun salute before being laid to rest in the cemetries around london.

marco said:
very strange and quite a mistake, but i dont actally find it offensive and i'm quite sure many of the nazi solders would have rather been at home with there wives and girlfreinds insted of being conscripted and made to fight, i'm led to beleive and would stand corrected if anyone knows but poppy day is for all those fallen of all countrys does this include the losses of our enemies from over the years which of course applies to Tevez when he observed silence on sat.
another strange article was about the german nazi bomber pilots who were killed in action over london they were given military funerals complete with the nazi flag and gun salute before being laid to rest in the cemetries around london.

Really?? you got a link for that?? Strange that we did that.

Young_TomO said:
marco said:

Really?? you got a link for that?? Strange that we did that.
this was on tv the other day and after the war all the german bodies were taken from the graves and returned to germany, quite a decent thing to do under the circumstances

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
The German soldiers went to fight for their country just like the British. Remembrance day is for ALL soldiers not just British so I don't see the problem at all.

They weren't exactly fighting for their country, they were fighting against other countries.
The british troops were fighting to defend our country and others, The german troops were fighting to expand their land and invade other countries.
Big difference :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.