Remembering Bert Trautmann

Not just a fantastic keeper and City legend but an amazing man. Refused repatriation and fought the discrimination and demonstrations against him, he almost certainly would have won the world cup in 1954 if he took the easy option and returned to Germany. I think playing with a broken neck wasn’t the hardest thing he did after everything he had been through which tells you everything you need to know about this truly great man. An absolute legend of a man and it makes me so proud that he played for us and I’m sure he appreciated every fan who grew to support and admire him and made him feel a hero for his strength and loyalty - definitely a one off and his talent means he will be remembered forever, what more can anyone ask for.

Not just a fantastic keeper and City legend but an amazing man. Refused repatriation and fought the discrimination and demonstrations against him, he almost certainly would have won the world cup in 1954 if he took the easy option and returned to Germany. I think playing with a broken neck wasn’t the hardest thing he did after everything he had been through which tells you everything you need to know about this truly great man. An absolute legend of a man and it makes me so proud that he played for us and I’m sure he appreciated every fan who grew to support and admire him and made him feel a hero for his strength and loyalty - definitely a one off and his talent means he will be remembered forever, what more can anyone ask for.

Got my first sight of this giant of a man and goalkeeper in 1954 , and I was totally hooked.

Been a brilliant legend for the club throughout the years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.