Remembering the 22 victims

Watching the memorial service on sky news now the choir are singing somewhere over the rainbow tears are flowing.

I struggle to watch it knowing we weren’t allowed to attend by incompetent managers, hearing the lad at works wife and daughter screaming down the phone as they had exited the foyer as it blew up moments earlier, we knew then what had happened and were ready to go.
Remembering those 22 souls RIP.

Last edited:
I struggle to watch it knowing we weren’t allowed to attend by incompetent managers, hearing the lad at works wife and daughter screaming down the phone as they had exited the foyer as it blew up moments earlier, we knew then what had happened and were ready to go.
Remembering those 22 souls RIP.
I'd rather praise the fantastic job the Ambulance service,Police and the various employees at the station/venue performed in your absence.

RIP to the 22 x

I wept all the way in to the office this morning listening to the commemoratory comments of for the 22 murdered on 5-live.

Had a moment walking though town before. Albert Square, St Annes square, edge of the cathedral. A hush, feeling of sadness and defiance with lots of I^MCR and bee t-shirts all over.

Some of the beautiful This! step daughters' mates were caught up in it. A couple injured though thankfully no losses.

What a waste. What a tw@t - all of course in the name of religion...

Also a big amount of appreciation to those who offered their homes and the drivers that brought people away from the danger zone. There was an absolutely big crowd. I lived around 20 minutes walk from the Arena but didn't hear the blast. Found out about it from Bluemoon before it even got In the news. Then the sirens came.

RIP to the 22 injured and let’s not forget the hundreds of others injured that day, some with permanent life-long injuries.

My ex-gf is an operating theatre nurse and treated and tried to treat many people involved in the bomb that night and naturally, like many other people in the city that night, she has never seen anything as awful as that. I remember her coming home after her shift and she was just completely broken.

I just hope we learn lessons from that night, put all political ideology to one side, and do our best to ensure that something like that never happens in this country again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.