Removing iron on letters and numbers

BLUEYESTU

So at the weekend I went through to visit my friend who lives by Liverpool as it was his birthday and his partner is about to give birth to his first kid. They surprised the hell out of me with a wrapped gift which turned out to be a replica 1969 F.A Cup final City shirt with “GODPARENT?” and a number 10 underneath. I’ve never been asked to be a godparent before and was absolutely made up with it (plus the fact he’s a dipper and went out and bought a City top was extra special).
Unfortunately the iron on letters and numbers he bought didn’t stick very well and were already peeling off.
I’d like to get them off and replace them properly but I’m having a nightmare peeling them off. I’ve tried a hot iron with a wet tea towel between and that’s helped to get some off but one or two are not shifting despite giving them a real going over with the iron and it looks a mess.
Has anybody had any success with other ways of getting them off?

Pour some parafin on the back of the shirt, chuck a match on and woof! All sorted.
The wider lesson is... never, ever trust a scouser.

So at the weekend I went through to visit my friend who lives by Liverpool as it was his birthday and his partner is about to give birth to his first kid. They surprised the hell out of me with a wrapped gift which turned out to be a replica 1969 F.A Cup final City shirt with “GODPARENT?” and a number 10 underneath. I’ve never been asked to be a godparent before and was absolutely made up with it (plus the fact he’s a dipper and went out and bought a City top was extra special).
Unfortunately the iron on letters and numbers he bought didn’t stick very well and were already peeling off.
I’d like to get them off and replace them properly but I’m having a nightmare peeling them off. I’ve tried a hot iron with a wet tea towel between and that’s helped to get some off but one or two are not shifting despite giving them a real going over with the iron and it looks a mess.
Has anybody had any success with other ways of getting them off?
Has the G slipped and now you're an ODPARENT?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.