Report: Inter To Sack Mourinho If They Exit Champions League

skybluekings

Report: Inter To Sack Jose Mourinho If They Exit The Champions League

LINK: http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/ital...-inter-to-sack-jose-mourinho-if-they-exit-the

President Massimo Moratti is reported to be fuming after the limp display against Barcelona and the clash with Rubin Kazan could seal the fate of the Portuguese coach…

The Italian press is convinced that next month’s Champions League decider with Rubin Kazan will be a last chance saloon for Inter boss Jose Mourinho.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, the ‘Special One’ could be shown the door by President Massimo Moratti if the Serie A giants fail to progress to the knock-out stages of the competition.

The disappointing 2-0 defeat to Barcelona on Tuesday night means the Beneamata need a victory over the Russian champions in matchday six to make sure of a place in the last 16, regardless of the outcome of the clash between Dynamo Kiev and Barcelona.

Moratti, unusually, decided to stay under the radar following the Camp Nou debacle and avoided reporters yesterday.

But the Corriere dello Sport alleges that the oil magnate has expressed his disappointment to close friends and his growing frustration at the team’s lacklustre performances on the European stage.

Moratti is expected to visit Appiano Gentile this week to boost the team’s morale ahead of Sunday’s Serie A match with Fiorentina.

But it is suggested that the patron is prepared to show his iron fist, should the Nerazzuri fail at the first hurdle in Europe’s premier club competition.

Doesn't surprise me. As I just said on the 'I didn't realise Mourinho was so heavily linked to us', thread, Inter are playing dreadful football and the natives are restless to say the least. Course though, it's Mourinho so it doesn't matter about how his current team are performing, he's obviously better than Hughes because he's a big name. For me, appointing Hiddink, (another one people seem to crave for), or Mourinho, (if he gets the sack), is a baffling move to say the least. Hidding failed to get a nation full of good players into the world cup, Mourinho, if sacked, failed at Inter, relatively speaking. So, if we appoint one of these managers, we are actually appointing a manager who failed at his last appointment.

Pigeonho said:
Doesn't surprise me. As I just said on the 'I didn't realise Mourinho was so heavily linked to us', thread, Inter are playing dreadful football and the natives are restless to say the least. Course though, it's Mourinho so it doesn't matter about how his current team are performing, he's obviously better than Hughes because he's a big name. For me, appointing Hiddink, (another one people seem to crave for), or Mourinho, (if he gets the sack), is a baffling move to say the least. Hidding failed to get a nation full of good players into the world cup, Mourinho, if sacked, failed at Inter, relatively speaking. So, if we appoint one of these managers, we are actually appointing a manager who failed at his last appointment.

That's just like the 6 draw argument.

One side says its 6 games without a loss - a good thing. The other side says 6 games without a win.

Both Hiddink and Jose HAVE won major titles or progression on a large scale (South Korea at the World Cup for Hiddink).
Hughes has yet to win anything at all as a manager or show real progression with the £200m spent.

Sven had the team in 2nd place in November and in the top 4 in December in 1 season with limited funds.
Hughes with same players and then HIS players have yet to reach what Sven accomplished...much less Hiddink and Mourinho.

Pigeonho said:

Yeah also the "short" term "long" term argument!!

'Hughes hasn't won anything with his £200m squad, or shown any real progression'.

Falters all over the place that statement. For a start Hughes has only had his £200m squad for 3 months, and has not had the chance to win anything yet, errr seeing as the season is only a quarter of the way in?!! And as for progression? Did we lose against Villa and Wigan last season? Yes. Did we this season? No. Progression means to better yourself, and correct me if i'm wrong, but the stats show we drew against both those teams this season, compared to losing last. Add Fulham to that list and I think you'll find we are progressing. I could be wrong however and have totally imagined we drew against those 3 sides compared to last year.

Pigeonho said:
'Hughes hasn't won anything with his £200m squad, or shown any real progression'.

Falters all over the place that statement. For a start Hughes has only had his £200m squad for 3 months, and has not had the chance to win anything yet, errr seeing as the season is only a quarter of the way in?!! And as for progression? Did we lose against Villa and Wigan last season? Yes. Did we this season? No. Progression means to better yourself, and correct me if i'm wrong, but the stats show we drew against both those teams this season, compared to losing last. Add Fulham to that list and I think you'll find we are progressing. I could be wrong however and have totally imagined we drew against those 3 sides compared to last year.

Who you win or lose to in a previous encounter in an arbitrary argument at best.
Too many variables in football to say you beat team x last season but lost to the same team this season.

Table position is the best guide to progression.

skybluekings said:
Pigeonho said:

Who you win or lose to in a previous encounter in an arbitrary argument at best.
Too many variables in football to say you beat team x last season but lost to the same team this season.

Table position is the best guide to progression.

Right, and if we win on Saturday and Villa beat Spurs, (both more than possible to happen), we go 1 point behind 4th place with a game in hand. Please tell me how that isn't progression or an acceptable position to be in at this time of the season. If you exepct more than that after 3 months, 3 months with half an entirely new team, you are not living in the real world.

Its a good job we don't have rash owners hughes is here for the long term unless at the end of the season we have underachieved. It won't be based on our result saturday or what managers become available in the mean time.

Pigeonho said:

Its all about how you measure "failed".....Mourinho walked away with Seri A last season and looks likely again this season.

His track record is not that of a "failed" manager........he has the T shirt so to speak......He has only been there 1½ seasons and already won something........He has done that at all the clubs he has managed.

I don't seem to remember Les leading Wales to Euro 2004.......would you call that "failed" and correct me if i'm wrong but what did he win with Blackburn....would you call that "failed".

The champions league is the "Holy Grail" of football and Inter Milan want it yesterday......all I want is to see City win something.....and IMO "The special one" has the know how.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.