Report: Inter To Sack Mourinho If They Exit Champions League

We've been waiting 30 odd years for a trophy so can we just get Mourinho/Hiddink or someone in and win a trophy or two, I'm not really bothered with this 'long term manager like Wenger or Fergiscum' because at the end of the day, just look at where Chelsea are now and were Man Utd are now, not that much difference there.

What Im trying to say is once you get a good team together and a good manager (like Chelsea), its not a nice thing to say but you can afford to have the manager walk out on you because there will be a big que willing to take his place immediatley, so Id prefer to get Mourinho/Hiddink in now and start winning. Mourinho will stay for a years and we should get some trophys, trophys = bigger players, bigger players = europe and more trophys, europe and more trophys = pretty much everyone wants to manage/play for you then we take over the world...

Lol.

The String said:
moomba said:
More convenient when you look at the "facts" that you've not deemed necessary to include. You know, titles, international successes. That sort of thing.

Said this yesterday, I don't mind if people think that sticking with the current manager is the right thing no matter who is interested. I even chose that option in one of the Hiddink threads the other day (and I love Hiddink).

Just find it funny how people can downplay the achievments of anyone that could be considered a rival for Hughes job.

Hughes' job isn't vacant so how can they be rivals?

What international success? World Cup semi final defats you mean. If that is the criteria for managing us then how about Big Phil, after all he has won the world cup. He should do a great job for us then.
Titles in the dutch league. Is that also what we would look for? If we hang on to the end of the season umbrella Steve McClaren will be the man for us by the look of things. How about his experience in Spain where he didn't fair so well.

Not downplaying previous achievements but I'm not willing to accept that he is better than Hughes based on his 6 month tenure at the helm of CFC. A club which already had an squad that is clearly better than what we have at the moment.
Looking at it the other way, Hughes may have won the league, FA cup and Champs league with that squad.............maybe!

Anyway my stance is that GH is a good manager but so what. We already have one.

Great post, wholeheartedly agree. Couldn't have put it better myself.

How does every single post and topic on this site turn into a battle between MH ins and outs

Topic= Dubai going bust

Its all MH fault

No how can you say that you seen GH lately obviously not good enoiugh to take over

Its boring!!

Dhenry said:
skybluekings said:
Point noted, but what would you say then about last season's 10th place (compared to Sven's 9th) with same players Sven had PLUS Robinho, Given, De Jong, Kompany, Bellamy etc.
Hughes nearly got us to the UEFA Cup semis. To say our premier league form did not suffer through those extra games would be silly.

This year, we need to focus on the premier league and we are doing that. Someone here was saying that it's the league position that matters. Around this time last year we were 15th or so on the table and we ended up narrowly missing out on 7th, in the end. This season, we're 6th at the moment, I'd say the doom and gloom advocates need to take a deep breath.

I agree with any Hughes' outers main argument - we're not playing up to our potential. Neither were we 12 months ago. I'm immensely excited waiting for when we will. Hopefully this weekend. Maybe not. But when we will, I'll love it.

Great post.

I'm firmly a Hughes "in" man. Not because I know he is the right manager for the club, but because he needs to be given sufficient time to prove either way. By all accounts he's done a lot of good things and the sentiment coming out of the squad all appear to be positive. He seems to have the club in the mould he wants so now it's time to deliver. It goes without saying that a sustained push for 4th is the requirement. If we narrowly miss out, then that's significant progress and I can live with that, however giddy we may feel about the Liverpool situation. If we are way off the pace then you'd have to say he has failed. Currently we are on track, having just lost once in the 97th minute at the Swamp, yet seemingly haven't even left second gear yet. Hughes job now is to get into those higher gears and do so consistently. In the meantime, talk of replacing him at this stage is in my opinion disruptive.

keemcfc said:
We've been waiting 30 odd years for a trophy so can we just get Mourinho/Hiddink or someone in and win a trophy or two, I'm not really bothered with this 'long term manager like Wenger or Fergiscum' because at the end of the day, just look at where Chelsea are now and were Man Utd are now, not that much difference there.

What a daft thing to say. I'd put some more labour on this point but I refuse to blow smoke up baconfaces arse. Alright... the rags and the dippers have both won the CL, in recent history, and in the last 30 years the top english league has essentially been a carve up between those two sides. Chelsea are nearly nobodies.

City are out of sight, in some respects- but if anyone's getting 'knocked off their fucking perch,' City carry a bigger hammer than anyone else.

Hughes in. I think? No way, Jose :P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.