Response from Garry Cook

I think they should have an open day like they had back at Maine Rd where the whole squads (Senior, Reserves, U21, U18) including all coaching staff gather on the pitch, have a signing session and talk to the fans on their opinions and feedback over a half day period, maybe on a sunday if pre season.

It may bring to force how committed the supporters are to the club, and at the same time let the fans realise not all players are money chasing, uncommital beings.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even read it and it was just Vicky from PR with a generic "Thanks for your email" response.

I sent this to Garry a few days ago and the lady in PR has just called me to say he agrees with all of my proposals - I suggest you all try it too.

Dear Mr Cook (or can I call you Garry)

I understand from your friends on the Bluemoon forum that you are receptive to ideas and suggestions from supporters and that you are more than happy to accommodate our unreasonable demands as part of the changes presently taking place within the club.

So here goes in no particular order:

1) I am now in my 40's and dragging myself to the ground for each home game is getting a little tiresome - the bus is busy and parking is difficult so could you send a car round to my house at about 2:00 pm on matchdays and have me dropped off outside the ground. I don't want to be cheeky but obviously I will need a car to get me home after the game.

2) It has been a long time gripe of mine but the standard of catering at the ground is very poor and the service leaves a lot to be desired. Call me nostalgic but I would love a return to Vimto and Waggon Wheels at half time - could you have one dropped off to my seat just as the half time whistle goes.

3) My wife says that I am a miserable b@st@rd when we lose (actually I'm a misearable b@st@rd all the time but City's results have been so bad all through our married life she hasn't figured it out) - could you arrange for City to actually perform slightly better on the pitch - lets not get carried away but a bit of a cup run would be nice and who knows it might lift my mood and blood pressure!.

4) Having taken opinions from the Bluemoon forum it seems pretty clear that that welshman you have in charge of team affairs doesn't know what he's doing - so can I propose a poll on Bluemoon 24 hours before home games to select the starting line up. In addition one lucky poster can get to conduct the pre match team talk and half time bo//ocking each week. This proposal will actually save you a few bob and will bring the fans and the club closer together - although the lucky poster who does the team talk may need 24 hour police protection for a period of time after the game - depending upon results.

5) Training - without a fulll time manager - I propose we get a Wii Fit at Carrington and the players can take it in turns between homing match tactics on Football Manager and jumping up and down on the the Wii fit to acquire an athletic level of performance.

6) Home and Away kits - rather than changing home kits every season as we have done of late - can we have a new kit for every home and away game. Many posters love designing and discussing new kits and it seems such a shame to limit their fun and excitement by changing the kit so infrequently.

7) With all the wealth at ADUGs disposal I think the half time draw needs a re vamp - I think 10million would be a better firts prize and would give one supporter the genuine opportunity not to go home after the game. I for for one would head for town and would probably be there for days !

8) You have disappointed many on Bluemoon by signing a new £50m sponsorship deal with Etihad - whilst this may be commercially sound many of us Bluemooners would have prefered the look of our new shirts with '118 Bet' blazened across the front - like our near neighbours Bolton and Wigan. I'm sorry Garry but you need to consult with us on desisions such as this.

I think that's all for today Garry but I'm sure I will have a longer list tomorrow - could you get the lady in PR to call me in the morning to confirm all of these changes have been implimented.

All the Best

NMC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.