Restaurants near the ground?

I hope it works out ok.
My daughter has major sensory issues and found City square problematic. The best thing was to get to the ground and seat early and avoid the congestion as much as possible.
I did not know about the sensory room which looks great so thankyou.
Thanks , I think this might be the best idea too, get there really early and avoid the crowds etc, music etc

One of the many things I miss about Maine Rd, is the curry mile five minutes walk away. Wilmslow Rd food heaven, a gallon of Marston's in the Whitty then supper in the Shazan. Happy , happy days
The Shazam was full so the waiter said go in The Albert round the corner get a drink an I’ll come and get you when there’s a table. True to his word he came in.Sadly for me my surname is Kelly. When he said table for Mr Kelly half the fucking pub got up to go.

To re bump this

I have to be at the ground tonight at 5 to drop my son off whos a mascot for the match.
Me a and my 10 year old daughter will then have a couple of hours hanging about.

Ill be driving so best italian within a 10 min drive from the ground please (without going into town!)

Thanks in advance

Can I be so pertinent as to completely and utterly recommend the fish and chips eatery on Grey Mare Lane. I have frequented this establishment on many an occasion and have only ever had good things to say. The delicacies on offer are absolutely to die for. I'm willing to put my entire reputation on the line here and confidently say there simply is no other place in the entire North West region that serves chips as fresh, fried and exquisite as on Grey Mare Lane. And the fish! Oh my word, the fish is simply divine. You really can tell they have caught them literally minutes before, gently caressed them in the worlds finest batter, carefully lowered into a light fry in their secret oil and served it to you as though heaven itself was a polystyrene plate of pure joy.

Apparently, and now don't take my word on this, as it's purely gossip, but the salt is from a 100 thousand year old mountain deep within the Himalayan mountains, just east of the Rahairputij region of Nepaliska.

I give it 5 stars. It really does make the Manchester City match day experience what it is. I've seen fans from all over the world travel here just to sample a tub of their 5 star quality mushy peas n gravy.

Culinary nirvana!

To re bump this

I have to be at the ground tonight at 5 to drop my son off whos a mascot for the match.
Me a and my 10 year old daughter will then have a couple of hours hanging about.

Ill be driving so best italian within a 10 min drive from the ground please (without going into town!)

Thanks in advance

Within ten minutes? That's pushing it. But the best Italian in all of central Manchester may well be the Pasta Factory. It's excellent. They're also very nice. If you want to treat yourself, I can't recommend it highly enough. It's not a ten-minute stuff-your-face kind of place, though. Take your time. It's in the northern quarter, on Shudehill. Certainly within ten to fifteen minutes of the Etihad by car, but parking round there may be a slight problem. I've walked from there to the ground, several times. But I'm a brisk walker.

Within ten minutes? That's pushing it. But the best Italian in all of central Manchester may well be the Pasta Factory. It's excellent. They're also very nice. If you want to treat yourself, I can't recommend it highly enough. It's not a ten-minute stuff-your-face kind of place, though. Take your time. It's in the northern quarter, on Shudehill. Certainly within ten to fifteen minutes of the Etihad by car, but parking round there may be a slight problem. I've walked from there to the ground, several times. But I'm a brisk walker.
Noted for another day but i dont want to drive towards town and patk

Noted for another day but i dont want to drive towards town and patk
There was an Italian place on Ashton Rd on the right, between Velodrome and Clayton Hall stops.Not seen it open recently but the outside seems to have been expanded as a bar.
Maybe try Google maps and see if it on there with a number so you can contact them prior to going?

I would also check if there is anything on the tram line towards Ashton as its a lot easier than coming from Manchester to the ground.

To re bump this

Thanks in advance
Check out sul lago mate. Is around 10 minutes from the Etihad down the back road and through woodhouses. quality food, been loads of times as not far from me in ashton. free parking too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.