Retiring

Have you checked the deprivation of assets rules about that strategy?
And mum and dad ought to pray the kids never divorce.
this is what they have mate

Trouble is if the council think you’ve done it to avoid care home bills they can have it discounted as deprivation of assets.
It also le@ves the kids with a sizeable capital gains tax bill when the second parent dies.
Far better for mum and dad to get the ownership of the house put in to tenants in common, where they own half each.

this is what they have mate

Looks like a financial spiv site to me.
Much better and simpler to just arrange a tenants in common ownership. It does exactly the same but cannot be challenged as deprivation of assets.

Much better and simpler to just arrange a tenants in common ownership. It does exactly the same but cannot be challenged as deprivation of assets.
They have already done it with a proper solicitor mate, not with that site but that trust will is what they have
However I will look at what you say as that does seem another way to help them

Trouble is if the council think you’ve done it to avoid care home bills they can have it discounted as deprivation of assets.
It also le@ves the kids with a sizeable capital gains tax bill when the second parent dies.
Far better for mum and dad to get the ownership of the house put in to tenants in common, where they own half each.

I don’t understand why this isn’t the norm given how important it is, yet so many people opt for joint tenancy.

Did the tenants in common thing for my own parents and worked out well in the end - Have now done the same for myself although solicitor did warn me that with 2 daughters might need to revisit it in future to protect against a future breakdown in relationship where an ex partner makes a claim on their 'half'

It, was never mentioned to me throughout my house purchasing life. Nor to any of my kids or anyone I know.
It’s another of those things the young don’t think they need think about along with wills and life insurance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.