Retrieving photos from a windows phone

Presuming that's the Lumia 640 it uses a micro USB port, try a different charger first off. Any 1.5amp charger or more will do, you can use a computer USB port but they're only 500mA (and that's shared between paired ports) so will take much longer.

I threw out an electric toothbrush once and bought the same model, when I plugged the new one in to the old stand I found out the stand itself was faulty which was a bit annoying.

Presuming that's the Lumia 640 it uses a micro USB port, try a different charger first off. Any 1.5amp charger or more will do, you can use a computer USB port but they're only 500mA (and that's shared between paired ports) so will take much longer.

I threw out an electric toothbrush once and bought the same model, when I plugged the new one in to the old stand I found out the stand itself was faulty which was a bit annoying.
Cheers. I’ve bought a new battery but that hasn’t worked. This morning, I’ve come in to see it sporadically displaying the Microsoft logo but for the first time, it’s showing the battery empty sign as well. I’m going to charge a battery up fully in another handset and then put that battery into my phone and see if that works. Another charger is the next step. Thanks for your advice.

Cheers. I’ve bought a new battery but that hasn’t worked. This morning, I’ve come in to see it sporadically displaying the Microsoft logo but for the first time, it’s showing the battery empty sign as well. I’m going to charge a battery up fully in another handset and then put that battery into my phone and see if that works. Another charger is the next step. Thanks for your advice.
Don't forget to check inside the USB port as well, they get full of fluff and can cause problems. Something non-metallic for preference poked in may help.

Update number 377;

I think there’s a loose connection to the battery so the phone constantly thinks it’s flat.

I had the original battery, a new one that I bought and one out of the same model that IT had leant new to see if I could do something with it.

I left the “broken” one on charge at work all night. When I went in and pressed power, I got the microsoft logo, then the battery empty logo then it went blank.

I then charged all 3 batteries up in the handset from IT and all was fine with them.

The second I transfer them to my handset, it won’t start as if there is no charge.

This has convinced me that there’s a battery connection issue which I’m taking as positive news ie the phone itself isn’t damaged.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.