Return of Supporters

They describe this as a test event, which implies they are testing it as the model going forward. In that case football as a spectator sport is done. Are they seriously thinking people have the time, energy etc. to do this sort of nonsense week in and week out. Good luck to anybody willing to go through it, I’m one easily qualified in points terms who won’t be.
I doubt Covid certificates or vaccine passports as they are erroneously called will be introduced even if the media have become convinced they will be. If hospitalisations and deaths are low/manageable thanks to the vaccine, then people will soon realise this is an absolute hassle and not worth the effort in terms of carrying around certification of vaccinations at all times or randomised testing. Looking at this test event, the logistics of such a system are just too much and onerous. I am inclined to agree with you that if Covid certificates are required for large events such as football matches, concerts, music festivals etc these become unviable enterprises.

The owner of the green man has already ordered some rancid chicken
from Edwards Meats PLC to prepare summert called " jerk chicken "
just incase someone called worsleweb turns up.
so,make of that what you will.
Crikey, I've never heard this story before. Almost as rarely told as Dave Whelan's about a broken leg in the FA Cup final

That's true, but we only took around 4/500 to CSKA Moscow back then?

I still think it will be a big ask to sell 2k tickets for this with all the faff involved (as well as the significant changes to our attitudes following on from the pandemic).
Yeah it was around that figure. I'd imagine we'll sell out but maybe it'll go to lower points

I'm a train planner by trade & have had to time these trains this morning. I've no idea about ticketing arrangements. I'd assume these would come from the club.
Any mention of further stops for these trains pal? Macc/ Stockport ?

I'd be inclined to agree to a significant extent but it's worth noting that with regards to this particular match, none of the fan groups from either club or the FSA have been consulted in any way by those in charge of organising this. An EFL tweet last week stated that they'd been in discussions with "relevant stakeholders" but obviously fans of City and Spurs aren't relevant in their eyes. We're just the bums not on seats. And I have it on relatively good authority that City and Spurs have had next to no input with regards to the restrictions being put in place so it would be unfair to pin any blame on the clubs.
I'm in agreement with you both that I don't see this as the start of a new order for football fans. You're exactly right that City and spurs had next to no input.

Fan input of any depth was not sought because this is organised by DCMS and EFL as part of the government's Events Research Programme. Research is the key word; it's an experiment to collect data. We're guinea pigs more than the bums on seats. Fans are not relevant stakeholders in the design this experiment, they are "only" the experimental sample. Accommodating fan opinion on the experimental design would alter the integrity of the experiment.

Travel restrictions, the requirement for negative LFT 24 hours before the match, and the pre- and post-match PCR tests are so that the data sample from the match represents what most likely happened at the match and on the day.

How dangerous are public events? We don't know until we do these tests. Those attending Wembley should be given credit for helping get larger crowds back into stadia in the future, which is what all supporter groups want.

I do think it's taking the piss that ticket prices are so high for using us as guinea pigs, and I think the secure travel should be subsidised or even free.

Having said that, I'm going to Wembley regardless. I can't wait because I'm slowly dying without match days. And I'm a thoroughly decent bloke who wants to help the rest of you get back to the place we all love.

Well I will not qualify both on grounds of location and on points.

But if I did I would give the thing a miss.

A 90,000 capacity stadium with 4,000 supporters plus a number of neutrals who may or may not show up having been given a complementary ticket.

All the hoops to jump through makes it a dubious privilege. Rather than sit in a 90% empty stadium with half those present disinterested neutrals, I would prefer to watch at home with beer and wine in the fridge and even the simulated sound.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.