Return of Supporters

Could be back in a 20% or a little more, just like in Germany.... But I can't see it in England with so many deaths cause of the feckin covid... Situation in Germany looks ( by the official statistics) better than here...

Could be back in a 20% or a little more, just like in Germany.... But I can't see it in England with so many deaths cause of the feckin covid... Situation in Germany looks ( by the official statistics) better than here...
Probably because they don't have a govt whose collective ears bleed whenever they are expected to think about policy issues.

I think that, with age, many people simply "grow out" of football enthusiasm. Not all, of course, but many. Football is a habit. Break it, and you simply develop another way of living.

Added to that, nowadays you can still watch most games on TV/streams/whatever. What you lose is the "match experience" and for many older fans especially that is not much of a loss, as the modern "match experience" is basically shit and a rip-off. Speaking for myself, I have only been interested in the football - not some wankpit "entertainer" droning on, or uber-loud music, or crappy lager in plastic glasses. The traditional atmosphere created by the fans is largely dead due to gentrification.

Now of course we are all different, and I am sure that there are thousands absolutely gagging to get back in the Etihad and similar grounds. The $64,000 question is will crowds recover to their former levels? I think there are so many random factors that it is impossible to predict that right now. But it's certain that for many this hiatus has broken "the habit". Will there be new fans, especially youngsters, eager to replace them? Who knows?
Your point about the youngsters, us oldies pay ridiculous prices and moan about it but pay because we are/were addicted,
There's no way youngsters on £8.50 pH are going to entertain paying £55 a pop when they can stream anything they want.
Also if the dads drop off the kids that come with them usually paid for by bank of dad will stop too

Well whatever happens as soon as I feel it is safe to go back I will be going. However there will be one stipulation.................. I am only going back if I can have my own seat. CB lower Row A Seat 625.... ;-)

At the rate things are going it looks as if I might be celebrating my 80th birthday next May by attending my first match back!! :-) :-) *rofl*

Your point about the youngsters, us oldies pay ridiculous prices and moan about it but pay because we are/were addicted,
There's no way youngsters on £8.50 pH are going to entertain paying £55 a pop when they can stream anything they want.
Also if the dads drop off the kids that come with them usually paid for by bank of dad will stop too
That's true about younger people. I think the pay-as-you watch model will rapidly grow for broadcast football. I did it last week with the Carabao match and it was easy. The price was £10 which wouldn't have paid for my transport if I had attended as usual. Of course I am one of the addicts who likes going to matches but at £10 a go I would pay to watch away games. I think the Sky business model is doomed. I am 61 and stream everything I watch these days.
The world is changing rapidly and no one knows how consumer habits will change. I am optimistic and think that charges for matchgoing fans will have to be reduced because of digital competition.

Well whatever happens as soon as I feel it is safe to go back I will be going. However there will be one stipulation.................. I am only going back if I can have my own seat. CB lower Row A Seat 625.... ;-)

At the rate things are going it looks as if I might be celebrating my 80th birthday next May by attending my first match back!! :-) :-) *rofl*

Be a birthday to remember that and hopefully a winning one ! .......as long as Mendy doesn’t play that is :)

That's true about younger people. I think the pay-as-you watch model will rapidly grow for broadcast football. I did it last week with the Carabao match and it was easy. The price was £10 which wouldn't have paid for my transport if I had attended as usual. Of course I am one of the addicts who likes going to matches but at £10 a go I would pay to watch away games. I think the Sky business model is doomed. I am 61 and stream everything I watch these days.
The world is changing rapidly and no one knows how consumer habits will change. I am optimistic and think that charges for matchgoing fans will have to be reduced because of digital competition.
I'd be OK paying it if it was on TV but I'm not paying a tenner to watch in my laptop when a member on here (thanks!) will send a link to watch it for free on another website

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.