Return of Supporters

I'm a season ticket holder entered the ballot but missed out. It's the nature of ballots that the balance of probability is missing out so I just shrugged my shoulders and carried on with my life. Looking forward to the Community Shield and getting back in the ground next season.
There seems to be a lot of bitterness from some not successful. Do the same people react the same way when they purchase lottery tickets and don't win the jackpot?
Seems to be quite a lot of strong feelings towards what is essentially a dead rubber football match.

Reading this thread just reaffirms why I didn’t bother entering the ballot. The whole thing looks like a massive pain in the arse and not worth the bother.

Fingers crossed season ticket renewals will be coming through soon, I can moan about City putting the price up by a fiver and it’ll be business as usual for the beginning of next season.

Pissing about entering a ballot, having to get there at an allotted time, not being able to have a beer, being made to socially distance, sit down and shut up? Fuck that for a game of soldiers.
I originally wasn't going to bother until we had full stadiums again but entered it, only to be unsuccessful anyway. I'm probably with you, the game will be fine but the waiting around isn't for me - god only knows what sort of "entertainment" they'll put on. It doesn't look like it's going to be warm and sunny either, still showing 12 degrees on my app. Hope it bucks up for those going.

I originally wasn't going to bother until we had full stadiums again but entered it, only to be unsuccessful anyway. I'm probably with you, the game will be fine but the waiting around isn't for me - god only knows what sort of "entertainment" they'll put on. It doesn't look like it's going to be warm and sunny either, still showing 12 degrees on my app. Hope it bucks up for those going.
Probably that shite comedian who had dads taking penalties and doing the three legged race etc at half time.

It's not for me. I just want to have a pint or two with my mates and watch the game.

I realise I'm coming across like a proper old fart. I'm "only" 34 haha.

I'm guessing full crowds by August may be in doubt due to this variant now?
The vaccines work don't they.

As I've said on the covid thread, I'm fine with locking ant-vaxxers out of society indefinitely it means the rest of us can get our lives back.

The vaccines work don't they.

As I've said on the covid thread, I'm fine with locking ant-vaxxers out of society indefinitely it means the rest of us can get our lives back.
Yes absolutely but it won't sadly work out that way will it?, we will pay the price

I'm a season ticket holder entered the ballot but missed out. It's the nature of ballots that the balance of probability is missing out so I just shrugged my shoulders and carried on with my life. Looking forward to the Community Shield and getting back in the ground next season.
There seems to be a lot of bitterness from some not successful. Do the same people react the same way when they purchase lottery tickets and don't win the jackpot?
Seems to be quite a lot of strong feelings towards what is essentially a dead rubber football match.
You don't put the same emotion into buying lottery tickets though. Well I would hope not.

I think the bitterness is justified in some ways because it sounds like the club wanted to give more "Cityzens" the chance to attend, and City Matters negotiated something else, but I think they forgot that this was Sergio's swansong and as such should have been prioritising more of those that had attended during his time at the club. He is a legend and did create one of, if not the club's greatest moment. If we are to face more ballots, it needs better consideration.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.