Return of Supporters

You didn’t look after yourselves. You didn’t get the club to agree to a fair system for this game. IMHO
We represent ALL fans, not just those who have seasoncards with high points. It was fair to as wide a range of our fanbase as possible while rewarding the most committed of those. .

Sorry if this has been asked, is hospitality available for those who are not seasonal hospitality members?

This is entirely on the club not City Matters.

The club chose a ballot instead of choosing to make use of the loyalty points system.

If there were only 2000 allowed to attend and I missed out to people on 22000 points I'd be disappointed but would understand. But missing out to people with less claim than myself (I have a mere 21610 points) is what's killing me. I know one **** that plays fucking badminton on Wednesday evenings so he doesn't bother with Champions League, League Cup or midweek games. He'll be there on Sunday I won't. The last home game I missed was in February 1976 before that twat was even born.

This clearly unfair and I don't share your opinion that it's just the way 'the mop flops'. The club have chosen to ignore the unique contribution of City fans of a certain age; the ones that stood by the club during the lowest point in our history. No other club has experienced the extreme lows and highs that we have and that's what makes us special.

End of rant. All academic now. I'm sure when it comes time to renew my season ticket I will have regained some sense of perspective but at the moment I'm still incandescent with rage.
Perhaps you should also consider how lucky you've been for 45 years.

Lucky never to have missed a home game through illness - your own or a close relative's.

If you have kids, lucky never to have missed a game because you had to put your kids interests ahead of your own.

Lucky that you could always afford to attend a game.

Lucky that the demands of work never made you miss a game.

Lucky that your mode of transport never broke down on the way to a game.

So, now you've had a slice of bad luck. That's just life for most of us and yes, it is the way the "mop flops".

Perhaps you should also consider how lucky you've been for 45 years.

Lucky never to have missed a home game through illness - your own or a close relative's.

If you have kids, lucky never to have missed a game because you had to put your kids interests ahead of your own.

Lucky that you could always afford to attend a game.

Lucky that the demands of work never made you miss a game.

Lucky that your mode of transport never broke down on the way to a game.

So, now you've had a slice of bad luck. That's just life for most of us and yes, it is the way the "mop flops".
I was there 24 hours after my mum died. I was there the night my dad had his leg amputated. I once discharged myself from hospital against medical advice after an operation to be there. I could go on but you get the idea.

When work has required me to be away from Manchester for long periods I've always managed to find a way to be there.

When I've had control of the situation I was always there.

Luck has played a minor part.

I’m a SC holder and won in the ballot so I can’t be considered biased on this point.

Have you ever thought that Citycard holders might not be SC holders for a reason? Work or family commitments might make it uneconomical to be a SC holder. Affordability?

Just because they don’t have a SC doesn’t make them any less loyal.
By the same argument then, people with over 22k shouldn't automatically have been given a ticket. Are they any more loyal than someone who has work, family, financial etc reasons to not have a SC or attend every game. I am now also hearing stories of people obtaining tickets not via the ballot system. I would like to know exactly how many tickets actually went into the ballot, how many were given to players and sponsors, how many were siphoned off by club staff etc. I think most on here would be shocked by how many went into a ballot and how was the ballot actually conducted. Where is the transparency?

Get behind the team? I hope you mean for 75 minutes only as many of our fans will find it tricky to cheer while heading to the bus stop.
Then they will miss seeing the team come out with the trophy and they won't be able to say goodbye to Sergio, or thank the team for a brilliant season... I thought they were the reasons most people were going? :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.