Riccardo Montolivo

I truly don't think we need another defensive or deep lying midfield player when we already have De Jong, Yaya, Milner and Barry. Now that Yaya has had a full season in the Premiership to get used to the pace and physicality then I think he'll be moved back into a deeper role alongside De Jong but with a license to push forward at home and against the less ambitious teams. Milner has already shown he is more than capable of holding down a place in central midfield against anyone but De Jong and Yaya are precious talents and if fit they start.

We do however need a top class playmaker who can compete with Silva and maybe even play in the same team as Silva in certain games. We also need at least one winger. In a perfect world I would want Luca Modric and Ashley Young but I don't watch that much foreign football so there maybe better options.

fatbloke said:
I truly don't think we need another defensive or deep lying midfield player when we already have De Jong, Yaya, Milner and Barry. Now that Yaya has had a full season in the Premiership to get used to the pace and physicality then I think he'll be moved back into a deeper role alongside De Jong but with a license to push forward at home and against the less ambitious teams. Milner has already shown he is more than capable of holding down a place in central midfield against anyone but De Jong and Yaya are precious talents and if fit they start.

We do however need a top class playmaker who can compete with Silva and maybe even play in the same team as Silva in certain games. We also need at least one winger. In a perfect world I would want Luca Modric and Ashley Young but I don't watch that much foreign football so there maybe better options.

Agree 100%. Mata and Sanchez fit the bill perfectly.

incredible performance today, I know it was against Estonia but the ball to Pazzini for Italy's 3rd was sensational. His ability and range of passing is something that would translate to any league.

Love Italy's set-up under Prandelli.

Matt the Giant said:
Andouble said:

Would you mind describing it a bit? Which formation does he use and what is it about it that you love?

first off, he doesn't hold any grudges, which has allowed Cassano back in the side along with Balotelli becoming a senior player after his brief suspension. Combine those two with Giuseppe Rossi, one of the best up-and-coming strikers in the world and it is quite a formidable, attack-minded side. None of those players were in the Lippi-led WC side of 2010.

He's gone for a 4-3-1-2, and while individually none of the midfielders would jump out at you as "world class", collectively they are all very good players; Pirlo of course in front of the central backs, Montolivo pulling the strings as the deep-lying playmaker along with Marchisio, Aquilani playing as the trequartista behind Rossi and Cassano, though Aquilani got hurt pretty early on.The bench has also featured a lot more attack-minded players such as Giovinco and Pazzini, rather than stale players such as Iaquinta and the dreadful Simone Pepe.

It'll be interesting how he deals with De Rossi when he eventually comes back into the side.
I don't think their defence individually is that great, but being as they are Italy as a unit they remain sound.

Andouble said:
incredible performance today, I know it was against Estonia but the ball to Pazzini for Italy's 3rd was sensational. His ability and range of passing is something that would translate to any league.

Yeah, he was fantastic tonight.. that chipped pass to Pazzini was something else. Although not only was it against Estonia (we actually managed to give them a proper game the last time, getting the lead but conceding two silly goals in the end), the centre midfield he was up against was pure shit as it consisted of a left back, a player playing in the second division in Cyprus and missing the two players that usually play there.

Regardless of that, I'd very happily have him here (*cough* as a replacement for Barry *cough*) and I agree on Prandelli's Italy... I'm actually beginning to like the team once again, might also be partly down to the fact he has opted to use nutters like Cassano and Balo in the system - albeit Balo has strangely enough picked up injuries the last couple of times he's been selected.

This thread is a good read- many thoughtful posts.
All I will say is that I admire Montolivo and think he'd be a great edition to the team.

i will sum up my thoughts about montolivo as below...
riccardo montolivo is gonna be one of the 5 best players in the next world cup... he has everything to succeed except the platform of big stage... the only problem i find in him after being watching a lot of the guy is that he is sometimes a bit shy to play his game... but he is improving with age... would be a great buy...
he is better than aquilani and aquilani is by no means even an avg player... he was just wrongly dealt with by liverpool... aquilani has got more assists in serie a than the so called world class player modric has in pl last season...
and montolivo is better than aqua without a doubt... but still,there are 2 more youger guys of pirlo and delpiero mould upcoming in italy... poli and fabbrini.. i would like one of them here if we are patient enough to see them develop...

Blu KB said:
Ntini77 said:
Isn't he slower than Barry?

Is that possible?

if thats the case then are'nt we better off planting a tree in the centre circle and hope their players run into it, surely someone has a old couch they dont need anymore. this has honestly been my answer to our left back problem for the last few years, pick the sofa up and move it at half time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.