Richard Dunne.

Dunne this season has been hit and miss like most of the teams. Own goals and sendings off happen ask any defender or player who puts there foot in or mistime a tackle. Yes they should know better and not react to what happen in the Wigan but 9 times out of 10 you wouldn't react to what happen a lapse.

The Dunne out crew are fucking crazy we are building a squad we cant let Dunne go he is vital in bringing on the players like Ned and Richards they need him in this squad. How many different players this season has played beside Dunne 4 different players it hasn't been a settled centre back 2. Which leads to mistakes from players. Yes Dunne isn't having the best of seasons but out of all our central defenders he is a first choice for now. Moving players like Kompany to play centre back is a option but I would rather see him stay in midfield. We lack at times a tall player in the midfield who can tackle and is decent on the ball he has to stay there.

As for Hughes I think he has finally found his best back 4 yesterday Bridge Dunne Ned and Richards will be our first chioce back 4 when everyones back and fit. Zabaleta may well be used in midfield for some games when everyones back. He showed what he can do there and didn't look out of place there. We will have good options to use and we should move up the table.

What is all this nonsense about making Dunne a scapegoat, or hounding him out? It is a fact that he is now the joint most sent off player in Premier league history. How many own goals has he scored? And other cock-ups? I do not hate Richard Dunne, but we have to look at the facts, as Captain you need more than a leader (which he isn't anyway), you need someone to set an EXAMPLE for the rest of the team. The other players cannot look to him as solid and relable, and he can hardly even attempt to lead the team from the bath in the dressing room. If we do well in the next few games, he might find it hard to get back in.

blue62 said:
What is all this nonsense about making Dunne a scapegoat, or hounding him out? It is a fact that he is now the joint most sent off player in Premier league history. How many own goals has he scored? And other cock-ups? I do not hate Richard Dunne, but we have to look at the facts, as Captain you need more than a leader (which he isn't anyway), you need someone to set an EXAMPLE for the rest of the team. The other players cannot look to him as solid and relable, and he can hardly even attempt to lead the team from the bath in the dressing room. If we do well in the next few games, he might find it hard to get back in.

100% correct this post

I thought it could be his last act as a City player, which would be a shame. I think he may be a make weight when we sign Upson or similar.

He will be missing for 4 games. Is this going to be a blessing in disguise and give us a chance to form a new central defensive partnership. If we are solid in them 4 games we would have to consider a permanent change

He can be his own worst enemy sometimes. Too many slip-ups, own goals and sendings off to be an automatic starter these days.

Re: Dunne Done

citoeast said:
I say Dunne is done.

A disgrace he should be sacked as Captain; he is Captain calamity.

Time to say a big Thank You to him and let him go on his way. He is the past, Kaka, Robinho, et al the future.

Do you agree.

No - you sound like a total plastic to me. He's had his moments but your attitude of buy someone better, preferably foreign, just screams gloryhunter to me.

was having a good game until stupid kicking out.i think the presures got to him this year.must say defence looked so much stronger with everyone playing inthere prefered positions.

was having a good game until stupid kicking out.i think the presures got to him this year.must say defence looked so much stronger with everyone playing inthere prefered positions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.