Richard Edghill

MJV2419

Met Richard Edghill tonight at the East Lancs OSC trophy visit at Rawtenstall Cricket Club, used to watch him in his City days and I must admit I had some pre conceived ideas about footballers in general but what a top bloke he turned out to be.

Spoke passionately about his time at Manchester City during a question and answer session with those in attendance and gave an insight into his life and times as a footballer, the managers he worked for as well as some of the characters at City he played with. Listened with interest about Kinky when he joined the club as well as a good insight to the legend that is Paul Lake

After the Q&A session finished he stayed behind and spoke with anyone who approached him. True blue if ever I met one.

Well done to City as well for bringing the Premier league trophy and Charity Shield trophy for all to view and have photographs with.

i used to like him as a player ,
i remember watching him and gary flitcroft stay behind after training on platt lane
knocking balls to each other 30 odd yards away and catching them between the knees !

I think his debut was v Wimbledon live on Sky. If I remember rightly we got beat but he had a great game. I thought he was a competent fullback.

Sadly he's probably remembered for the treatment he received by some City fans during and after a horrific performance v Coventry.

Good night and a good turnout considering all the snow this evening, Edghill was a really nice bloke

AucklandBlue said:
I think his debut was v Wimbledon live on Sky. If I remember rightly we got beat but he had a great game. I thought he was a competent fullback.

I remember that game, too. Richard was brilliant that night, for a debutant and I was really excited about his prospects.

I even had EDGHILL 22 on a replica red and black shirt circa 1995.

Vienna_70 said:
AucklandBlue said:

I remember that game, too. Richard was brilliant that night, for a debutant and I was really excited about his prospects.

I was at that game too, beat 1-0, Selhurst Park. Didnt Alan Kernaghan make his debut that night too?

McKenzie'sGoalWasBetter said:
Vienna_70 said:
AucklandBlue said:

I was at that game too, beat 1-0, Selhurst Park. Didnt Alan Kernaghan make his debut that night too?

Those were the days of 'teleitis'. We never won when featured on live TV.

AucklandBlue said:

Sadly he's probably remembered for the treatment he received by some City fans during and after a horrific performance v Coventry.

The Coventry game.... we played Sunderland (I think) a few days before in midweek and Wanchope got a hatrick (or two?) and i went on holiday to LA (like you do) the next day.
I rang my mate on the Saturday of the Cov game for the score - and all I got was ''fuckin' Edghill.......''
Strangely I always thought his best games were at centre half.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.