Richards this season

I think Zaba will start the season, and he may be difficult to dis-lodge for Micah. I remember seeing Zabs first game against Portsmouth and thinking he looked a bit dodgey, but his improvement has been brilliant, he's such a consistent player. I can't remember the last time he made a major mistake.

But Richards offers that directness which we need at times.

Zab is great to have on the bench as he can offer cover in 3 positions (LB at a push.)

Zab will start the season, IMO because Micah will miss most of preseason being with the Olympic squad. If GB go far the final is the day before the Charity shield. So Micah is likely to face a battle to get in ahead of Zab right from the off. I think these two are so evenly matched for the starting birth, for many different reasons, but it's got to be advantage Zab for now.

The unfortunate thing about Micah is that whenever HE makes a mistakes we invariably concede. At least it feels like that!

Injury-wise they are both brick outhouses and throw themselves about for the cause. I reckon they'll share the berth over the season. Nice to have two players for a position where there's nowt to choose between them.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The unfortunate thing about Micah is that whenever HE makes a mistakes we invariably concede. At least it feels like that!

Injury-wise they are both brick outhouses and throw themselves about for the cause. I reckon they'll share the berth over the season. Nice to have two players for a position where there's nowt to choose between them.

Certainly beats having Danny Mills starting at RB!

Both brilliant, we will rotate throughout the whole season and because of this it will protect Micah from injuries. I also think Zabs gives a lot more going forward than people give him credit for

Zabba will start because Micah should still be at the Olympics and would not have spent much of pre season with the squad. I presume Micah will be given a couple of weeks/week off after the Olympics to recover properly.

I just hope he had a nice summer becuase he deserved to be at the Euro's, they will both be fighting for it next season. There's differences between both players so depending on match will ultimatley depend who starts I suppose.

Zabaleta and Richards, two great players and equally likeable people. Saddens me to see any of them on the bench. I think Micah is the better player overall but with Zaba you know he will get the job done.

black mamba said:
Micah needs to look after himself a bit more too , he seems to pick up more than his share of injuries , and that won't help his case for consistency.
I think the manager has suggested in the past that Micah needs to be tougher mentally and that a lot of injuries are in his mind. Certainly he seems to need the physio on to treat him a least once a game.
But Micah is still our undisputed number 1 right back imo, much as I love Zaba

bluemanc said:
Having Zab and Micah is great,Zab can fill in on the left and i wouldn't worry one bit about Micah coming in.
Still can't believe he didn't go the Euro's.

Why? He only missed out on a place to Phil Jones, the future of English football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.