Richards

I think Richards has looked more like his old self vs W"igan and The Toon. No he is not back to the explosive player he was when first in the City and England team, but I think he looks more comfortable where he is now and hopefully will shine.

All the fans who are so eager to get on this lad's back are a fecking disgrace. And I mean, disgrace.

He's a waster, he's too muscular, he's not good enough, he's big headed, he's too slow, he's this, he's that, he;s something else.

All this shit about a kid, yes, a kid, who has played dozens of games, been a big reason for any minor successes we've had over the past couple of years, is one of the best defenders of his age around and who never gets rested.

And all the twats are lining up to slaughter him or believe whatever shithouse rumour is doing the rounds every week. Get fucked.

BimboBob said:
Here is a bloke who has come through the ranks,has spent a lot of his time at right back before being switched to centre half,and then due to some signings has been shoved back to right back and some people are slating him?

Give him a chance to get back into the swing of things for fucks sake.Will be englands right back for years if he reproduces the form of a couple of seasons ago.

totally agree, the last two games have probably been his best this season, a decent run in that position will do him the world of good.

I thought he had a solid game last night, up against a couple of tricky players, he kept them in check for the most part, and looked good going forward.

As he gets his feeling back for the RB position, I think we will see the old Micah more week by week.

good players don't become bad over night, he his going through a bad patch, he need encouragement not slating

He needs to stop going to the gym as much. Hes like a fucking tank, his sprint speed has slowed down from last season

Nearly all young players who burst onto the scene have a season or two where they seem to struggle afterwards. Need to stick with him.

Anyway, he was never the most natural with the ball at his feet - his game is built on athleticism - defending. His speed used to get him out the crap when he's out of position - but it seems he's being punished for these errors more lately. The point being this is positional stuff - he will learn this and get better.

Feel 4 the guy at the moment, looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights when he receives the ball! I echo the sentiment that you don't become a bad player overnight but think he could do with a stint out of the team to get his head sorted.. At times last night he passed to swp and just stood like a statue, a bit weird to witness really but he is still young and has time on his side

I thought he read Gutierrez pretty well last night, he kept his concentration - didn't make any silly errors and in that respect was more effective than Bridge - and it was good to see him making runs up the flank.

The problem with his attacking play at the moment is that he seems to get half way up the pitch and struggles to read the overlaps or to be assertive enough to carry on bombing up the wing. He stands his ground well in the opposing half though and gives us an option to lay it off to or to put some grit into attacks.

He is only 20 still!! and if we are going to play 6 defensive players like last night - Richards, Onuoha, Kompany, Bridge, De Jong and Zabaletta - that should give him the opportunity to develop the more attacking side of his game. Having Zab on his side of the field obviously helps because he can fill in the RB when Micah pushes forward.

He'll be fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.