Richards

Pezzer2

Very impressed with him again tonight. He won everthing in the air and looked quite assured. He had a bit of a rollicking off Mancini for giving the ball away in a stupid area but he quickly made amends and defended resolute. I can see a change in the lad and fingers crossed can start to forfill the promise he has always had.

I agree, that he might actually become an incredible defender with the right man management and proper tactical input from Mancini. Still too early to tell though, as he is far from a smart defender, but it could, I stress could, change greatly with Mancini teaching him. At least he will get a good run of games at the heart of the defence now with Kompany.

Somud said:
I agree, that he might actually become an incredible defender with the right man management and proper tactical input from Mancini. Still too early to tell though, as he is far from a smart defender, but it could, I stress could, change greatly with Mancini teaching him. At least he will get a good run of games at the heart of the defence now with Kompany.

said on a earlier thread with correct managing and coaching could turn into a great centre half

He looks like he's getting back to his best. Aside from getting caught out he didnt put a foot wrong tonight. Its becoming pretty clear that the problem with Richards (and Toure) was down to idiotic tactics.

He did feck up once when he took too many touche's on the ball and got caught in possession and Mancini gave him the pointy finger. Apart from that he looked solid

Well apart from that mistake where he got caught in possession and they nearly scored from it, Given had to make a good save.

He had a good game tonight. With the right coaching could be better than bringing a new player in.

He had a good game tonight. With the right coaching could be better than bringing a new player in.

Well, I don't agree with any of the posters so far on this thread.
Granted, Richards is an athlete and a physical masterpiece, however he has not, and never will have the brain of an intelligent footballer.
He is fascinating going forward and has the ability to go past defenders when he pushes forwards, however this is often because they are unable to read what he is about to do, not from his quickness of thought, merely because they like him, have no idea of what he is going to do next.
good emmergency squad cover and brilliant in the air when he gets it right, however his possitional sense is the poorest I've ever seen, cost us all four goals against the rags.
I don't hate him or even disslike him, so don't start going on about negativity, I'm just speaking the truth and with a class act like Mancini in charge, his first team chances, I'm sure, will be few and far between.
I wish I was wrong, as he always puts in a shift and tries his best, but just seems numb from the neck up, which is a real shame.
He has had the odd appearance which has suggested a very minor improvement this season, but if you lot think he had a good game tonight, you must have been watching a different game from the one I saw!
CTID.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.