Richards

Surely we've got the cash to splice the DNA of Zab and Richards.

Zabs mentality.

Richards body.

It'd be like the Hulk guarding the flank.

Still lacking a cutting edge going forward lately and he must have passed to Kolo Toure 90% of the time, but being over critical. Definitely much improved over the past few months and I hope he can keep working hard.

looks like he could be playing in the center of defence now,
with all the injuries and toure gone,.

I still think that Richards will be an average fullback at best, but could be a world class centreback. You can learn positioning, movement etc but improving technique is a lot harder at his age. I would still sign a new RB and play Richards as a cover to RB and CB until he's good enough to start.

Unfortunately he has the attention span of a goldfish and as you'll all have noticed on every interview, mancini stresses the importance of concentration, if he plays badly from a possitional stance at full back, we are left open to a cross mainly, wher'as at centre back it usually costs us a goal. I hate to say it but don't think he has the mental capacity to ever maintain the concentration levels to master any central defensive role.
I know what you are saying about coaching and maturity, but with the best education in the world, the village idiot will never become Einstien, and it's my belief my analogy isn't far off the mark.

Lordeffingham said:
Well, I don't agree with any of the posters so far on this thread.
Granted, Richards is an athlete and a physical masterpiece, however he has not, and never will have the brain of an intelligent footballer.
He is fascinating going forward and has the ability to go past defenders when he pushes forwards, however this is often because they are unable to read what he is about to do, not from his quickness of thought, merely because they like him, have no idea of what he is going to do next.
good emmergency squad cover and brilliant in the air when he gets it right, however his possitional sense is the poorest I've ever seen, cost us all four goals against the rags.
I don't hate him or even disslike him, so don't start going on about negativity, I'm just speaking the truth and with a class act like Mancini in charge, his first team chances, I'm sure, will be few and far between.
I wish I was wrong, as he always puts in a shift and tries his best, but just seems numb from the neck up, which is a real shame.
He has had the odd appearance which has suggested a very minor improvement this season, but if you lot think he had a good game tonight, you must have been watching a different game from the one I saw!
CTID.
i am afraid i agree 100%,

Lordeffingham said:
Unfortunately he has the attention span of a goldfish and as you'll all have noticed on every interview, mancini stresses the importance of concentration, if he plays badly from a possitional stance at full back, we are left open to a cross mainly, wher'as at centre back it usually costs us a goal. I hate to say it but don't think he has the mental capacity to ever maintain the concentration levels to master any central defensive role.
I know what you are saying about coaching and maturity, but with the best education in the world, the village idiot will never become Einstien, and it's my belief my analogy isn't far off the mark.
and this im afraid is 100% accurate too

Lordeffingham said:
Well, I don't agree with any of the posters so far on this thread.
Granted, Richards is an athlete and a physical masterpiece, however he has not, and never will have the brain of an intelligent footballer.
He is fascinating going forward and has the ability to go past defenders when he pushes forwards, however this is often because they are unable to read what he is about to do, not from his quickness of thought, merely because they like him, have no idea of what he is going to do next.
good emmergency squad cover and brilliant in the air when he gets it right, however his possitional sense is the poorest I've ever seen, cost us all four goals against the rags.
I don't hate him or even disslike him, so don't start going on about negativity, I'm just speaking the truth and with a class act like Mancini in charge, his first team chances, I'm sure, will be few and far between.
I wish I was wrong, as he always puts in a shift and tries his best, but just seems numb from the neck up, which is a real shame.
He has had the odd appearance which has suggested a very minor improvement this season, but if you lot think he had a good game tonight, you must have been watching a different game from the one I saw!
CTID.
You mean your truth?

Richards, considering his injuries, lack of confidence and the stick he gets from some so-called Blues actually played pretty well last night. Too early to say if we are seeing a return to form, but who knows what Mancini and Kidd can do for him.

I'll be mightily pleased if he starts to fulfill some of his true potential and sticks two fingers up to the doubters.

vbr said:
Still lacking a cutting edge going forward lately and he must have passed to Kolo Toure 90% of the time, but being over critical. Definitely much improved over the past few months and I hope he can keep working hard.
Better to pass to a Blue shirt than an aimless punt up the field to no one in particular?

Well I guess whatever people think of him, if Ned and Lescott don't have a miracle recovery while Toure is on African Cup duty, Micah will be in the middle with Vinny I guess so we will see exactly how he copes. Maybe judgement can be made after that, that is until an Inter defender is brought in to solidify things.
Meanwhile I should probably start a new post for this but Given for skipper?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.