Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.
onceabluealways said:
Daz_Blue said:
onceabluealways said:
peoples disrespect to a player who has given us good service from such a young age is astounding. If you are not rags then you are certainly acting like them.

Micah is still a good right back and could easily do a good job for someone in the premiership.

Is your name Txiki :)

Ok he is probably available for 5mill - name me 15 right backs that are better than him in the prem - assuming he stays reasonably fit which is a lot more likely if he is playing every week.

If we're talking 'right-backs that I would have in my squad before RIchards', then:

Zabaleta
Sagna
Azpilicueta
Ivanovic
Debuchy
Walker
Yedlin
Isla
Johnson
Clyne
Coleman
Also, probably Jenkinson, Kelly, Chambers, Janmaat and the little shit that is Rafael.

MeatHunterrr said:
Marvin said:
I'm not sure that he's on such a huge wage Really don't know, but the contract details for Silva and Kompany were reported as £130k pw & £120k pw plus incentives. OK those are big numbers but not in the Rooney and RVP league, and I doubt his wage is out of the question for established Premiership clubs. Even if he has to take a pay cut, he'd be better off financially in the long term.

I've got no desire to see him go. It will be a sad day if he does, but I don't like to see him waste his talent either. Maybe he thinks if he gets his head down and works really hard this season he can still make an impact but it seems unlikely that he'd get many opportunities
IMO £130k for Silva who is a world class playmaker and would walk in to any starting eleven in the world is not a big number. And £120k for world class defender again is not big wages.

Compare that to Richards' £72k per week wages. Richards earns too much compared to his ability IMO. Thats why I guess there hasn't been a queue of takers for him because nobody wants to pay him that much. Probably has to take £20k - £30k wage cut if he wants to move.

Silva and VK will be on far more than their basic wages you have quoted above averaged out over a year

<a class="postlink" href="http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/14/sunderland-switch-would-be-ideal-for-manchester-citys-micah-richards-4832389/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/14/sunderlan ... s-4832389/</a>

Betting suspended on Micah to Sunderland....I thought I read the deal was not likely to happen ?

johnmc said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Marvin said:
I'm not sure that he's on such a huge wage Really don't know, but the contract details for Silva and Kompany were reported as £130k pw & £120k pw plus incentives. OK those are big numbers but not in the Rooney and RVP league, and I doubt his wage is out of the question for established Premiership clubs. Even if he has to take a pay cut, he'd be better off financially in the long term.

I've got no desire to see him go. It will be a sad day if he does, but I don't like to see him waste his talent either. Maybe he thinks if he gets his head down and works really hard this season he can still make an impact but it seems unlikely that he'd get many opportunities
IMO £130k for Silva who is a world class playmaker and would walk in to any starting eleven in the world is not a big number. And £120k for world class defender again is not big wages.

Compare that to Richards' £72k per week wages. Richards earns too much compared to his ability IMO. Thats why I guess there hasn't been a queue of takers for him because nobody wants to pay him that much. Probably has to take £20k - £30k wage cut if he wants to move.

Silva and VK will be on far more than their basic wages you have quoted above averaged out over a year

I agree...what I think has happened is that they are guaranteed that amount weekly..on top of that with easy bonuses like appearances/clean sheets/sub appearances etc they might have an average wage just under what they were earning before (in Silva's case for e.g) and the rest would be performance related (both team and individual).

ST Coleridge said:
onceabluealways said:
Daz_Blue said:
[/u]

Ok he is probably available for 5mill - name me 15 right backs that are better than him in the prem - assuming he stays reasonably fit which is a lot more likely if he is playing every week.

If we're talking 'right-backs that I would have in my squad before RIchards', then:

Zabaleta
Sagna
Azpilicueta
Ivanovic
Debuchy
Walker
Yedlin
Isla
Johnson
Clyne
Coleman
Also, probably Jenkinson, Kelly, Chambers, Janmaat and the little shit that is Rafael.

Not quite 15 - and i really meant 15 right backs at other premiership clubs with better options - if they have two then they obviously wouldn't even look at him.

ST Coleridge said:
onceabluealways said:
Daz_Blue said:
[/u]

Zabaleta
Sagna
Azpilicueta
Ivanovic
Debuchy
Walker
Yedlin
Isla
Johnson
Clyne
Coleman
When fit, He's better than Johnson, Yedlin, Jenkinson, Kelly, Rafael and Clyne.

i like richards when fit he is or was one of the best right backs in the world and definitely englands bes.t the problem as i see it is,his stupid agent tried blackmailing city for a pay rise after a indifferent season on the grounds of home grown quota , he is the best paid rb already so city money men cut their losses ,so rodwell for all his injury's got a medal and richards did not. greed and stupidity put him in a place where no one will pay a fee or his wages fit or not.

Where in sh*tting hell has the £72k a week figure come from?

I was under the impression his last contract took him to somewhere in the region of £40k a week?

Daz_Blue said:
http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/14/sunderland-switch-would-be-ideal-for-manchester-citys-micah-richards-4832389/

Betting suspended on Micah to Sunderland....I thought I read the deal was not likely to happen ?

Barcodes for £4.2m according to this,

<a class="postlink" href="http://thespectatorsview.com/2014/08/14/newcastle-agree-4-2m-for-man-city-player/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thespectatorsview.com/2014/08/14 ... ty-player/</a>?

kun said:
ST Coleridge said:
onceabluealways said:

Zabaleta
Sagna
Azpilicueta
Ivanovic
Debuchy
Walker
Yedlin
Isla
Johnson
Clyne
Coleman
When fit, He's better than Johnson, Yedlin, Jenkinson, Kelly, Rafael and Clyne.
I assume this opinion is based on his performances 3 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.