Rio 4 game ban..

51kippax said:
That confirms to me that Fergie placed last nights game higher in importance than the league. Show's how desparate he was not to lose.

Or it confirms that Rio was going to be out for 3 games anyway and neither Vidic or Brown were fit enough to start but that they will be fit to cover the games he'll miss....

Just a suggestion

Buzzers said:
51kippax said:
That confirms to me that Fergie placed last nights game higher in importance than the league. Show's how desparate he was not to lose.

Or it confirms that Rio was going to be out for 3 games anyway and neither Vidic or Brown were fit enough to start but that they will be fit to cover the games he'll miss....

Just a suggestion

So, either way, cheating the system?

Fergie and United knew there was absolutely no chance of the ban being overturned, the appeal was solely so Rio could play last night. The extra game added to the ban is proof the FA realised what United were doing, shame they couldn't get their arses in gear and get him charged, appealed and appeal rejected prior to last night, I can't believe it tok so long.

Matty said:
Buzzers said:

Just a suggestion

So, either way, cheating the system?

Fergie and United knew there was absolutely no chance of the ban being overturned, the appeal was solely so Rio could play last night. The extra game added to the ban is proof the FA realised what United were doing, shame they couldn't get their arses in gear and get him charged, appealed and appeal rejected prior to last night, I can't believe it tok so long.
That's the process Matty. 48 hours (not including weekends) to issue the charge then 24 hours to respond. If the response is to appeal then it is heard on the next of the days the disciplinary committee meets, which happened to be Thursday this week.

They should have looked at the video evidence, asked the ref if he saw it, which he clearly didnt and then just handed out the 3 game ban, it was an obvious red card offence so why give them the right to appeal, this rule needs changing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.