RIP Alan Smith

Elcid

Lost another big blue Alan Smith - great lad who followed City through thick and thin and England also. Sad times.

Great lad alan! Very popular lad, always wore a big smile. Will be dearly missed by all that knew him! Rip smithy

Honoured to have known Smithy and traveled Britain and Europe with him watching the blues, a great character, gentleman and loving father and husband, RIP mate you'll live on for ever in all our memories.

Really shocking news. I can't believe I won't bump in to him again om the train en route to an away (always early). You'll be sadly missed Al, RIP

Alan was one of the best, i'v known him for over 25 years, he was part of our drinking gang...and boy did Alan like a drink....we all went watching City home and away by train and he was the star, did a couple of England games with him as well
His young son Joe..named after Joe Mercer...was a match mascot against Villa and walked out holding Demechelis's hand, Alan was bursting with pride as was his wife Linda
He was in the papers recently, he was the guy whos back was covered in the City crest and the whole Sky commentary of the Agueroooo moment was tattooed under it, he then had Sergios face tattooed on his side and got Sergio to sign it and then went straight to the tattooist and had him go over the signature, it made a few National papers and a big spread in the M.E.N.
Going to the games from now on will never ever be the same without seeing his laughing cheerful face coming through the pub door and necking his pints of cider, our lot will miss you so much Alan it's painful to even think about you not being there again
RIP MATE, from all the gang
Posted by Warspite formely known as the poster blue underpants

I too first met Alan on a pre season tour to Bremen and Eindhoven, we needed two people to fill a mini bus so we put up a notice in the social club, we picked up Alan and his mate rod at Victoria station, our first impression was who have we got here two idiots from Preston, but for the next week they had us in stitches with there antics. After that we then bumped into him dancing in a fountain in Bilbao at the 82 world cup.I've known him ever since seeing him all over the country.even if you met him in a crowded pub just letting on to him brought a smile to my face. Rip Alan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.