RIP Billy McNeil

Billy signed three players shortly after joining City -- Neil McNab, Jim Tolmie and Derek Parlane (ironically, a former Rangers player), when we'd just been relegated and had very little money. Parlane scored a hat-trick v Blackburn in the sixth game of 1983-84, and McNab was a pretty good midfielder. Tolmie started off brightly but is now chiefly remembered for his hairdo and his contribution to Bluemoon usernames.
Not bad signings, given our finances then.

RIP

remember reading something that he saw the youth team coming through (lake etc) and said to swales “back me with 3/4 decent players and along with the youth we’ll have a side”.

Wiggy didnt, McNeil left.

He always said it was a mistake leaving City, i guess he went from one tyrant to another

RIP Billy.

The 84/85 promotion season was fun and he did a great job keeping us up that first season after promotion seeing as Swales provided only a fraction of the promised funds to strengthen the squad. I can't really blame him for getting so hacked off that he quit the following season.

Billy signed three players shortly after joining City -- Neil McNab, Jim Tolmie and Derek Parlane (ironically, a former Rangers player), when we'd just been relegated and had very little money. Parlane scored a hat-trick v Blackburn in the sixth game of 1983-84, and McNab was a pretty good midfielder. Tolmie started off brightly but is now chiefly remembered for his hairdo and his contribution to Bluemoon usernames.
Not bad signings, given our finances then.
RIP Billy Mac.
I remember going to Leeds away as a 10 yr old and iirc Parlane scored.
There was hardly a window left in the coach on the way home!

Signed (bought or loaned) a team of Scots except a keeper during his time....

Jim Tolmie, Derek Parlane, Neil McNab, Gordon Smith, Duncan Davidson, Jim Melrose, Gordon Dalziel, Greame Sinclair, Dom Sullivan - Any more?
Edit .Ken McNaught

RIP Billy

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.