There he will meet with many old mates
The Blue blood folk who are our greats

And tonight upon that hallowed ground
The long gone Kippax will sing aloud
M-i
M-i-c
M-i-c-k
Mick Doyle

RIP, it was an honour and a privilige to see you wear our shirt.

RIP Mike

sad sad loss
my favorite player and I've been going as a junior blue since the late sixties and I can say without a doubt he was the one player who was fit to wear the shirt. If he lacked the skill of say a Colin Bell he made up for that in spades with his commitment he also had the knack of being able to wind up a rag at a couple of hundred yards you just have to love the guy for that
I will never forget the pitch invasion at the swamp when he calmly walk through about a thousand regs and from in the stands you could just see the rags part and let him through

the guy was a true City legend in the purest sense and if NDJ plays for us for about another ten seasons he may just come up to the standards Mike Doyle set.

one of the saddest passings at our club

RIP big fella I was lucky enough to see you play and I still have nothing but admiration for the shift you put in for the club and the fans

one thing for sure Doyle 5 the only name I will ever have printed on a City shirt gone but never forgotten

Great,great player and an even greater blue. I was fortunate enough to get him autograph his book at one one of the book signings. RIP Mike, thanks for the memories. They certainly don't make them like you anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.