RIP MIKE DOYLE

A true blue legend and one of my boyhood heroes. He played for the club he loved and he epitomised everything that is good about Manchester City. He wore the shirt with as much pride as any ardent fan. He had a tough uncompromising style in defence alongside an elegance and eye for goal when he operated in midfield. I read that he only lost one Derby in the sixteen that he appeared in; some achievement. I'm glad that he got to see us win the cup; as the tag of being the last City captain to lift a trophy became a torment to him as the years rolled by and the clock ticked at the swamp. Despised United, loved City. Rest in Peace Mike Doyle, never forgotten.

I haven't looked through this thread so apologies if this has aleady been posted. RIP Mike.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8DRpga6WnE[/youtube]

RIP Mike. You were a colussus in every sense. Most of the players today arn't fit to lace your boots. Glad you got to see us turn over the Rags one last time. Bet that brought a smile to your face. It was a real pleasure watching you play for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.