RIP Noam Chomsky .... not quite

Google only provided one hit covering his death and that article has been deleted.
I think he’s still alive.
Saw this last week. He's 95 and suffered a stroke last year.

Ambivalent about him politically, but no doubt he was a great man, with a brilliant mind.

And he definitely led a most worthwhile life. And I believe he was a hugely benign person.

I wonder, given those quotes posted by @urban genie, what he thought about the contemporary predilection for readily taking offence, and the pitiful way that offence is indulged by others.

Anyway, RIP. A life most definitely well lived.

Pretty much sums up my feelings. Regardless on whether I agreed with him he was great at upsetting the right people for the right reasons by offering inconvenient truths. I tremendously respected his views and learned a lot from reading and hearing what he had to say.

Probably the last great thinker born right at the very end of the Greatest Generation. Hard to name many with his gravitas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.