RIP Paul Young.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Never knew he was from Wythenshawe

Born in Benchill then lived in Baguley and later in Royal Oak before moving to Altringham. A good local down to earth lad who had a well deserved sniff of success.

First saw him with Sad Cafe at Liverpool empire in 77 on their world tour of Lancashire. Amazing show and amazing singer. One of the best singers to grace a stage IMHO. Still listen to FANX TARA, great album released at the wrong time (punk). Sad day when he died.

My uncle knew him very well from back in the day, as he was in the hermits. Think Paul was in Toggery 5 in his early days? Great singer, absolute gent and a bit of a handy lad if he needed to be! From what I've been told, R.I.P

In my top3 of singers - truly awesome, brilliant live
Started with Sad Cafe way back when
They (SC) used to drink in my local - The Church Inn, Cheadle Hulme
Last time I saw him live was Nottingham with M&TM thought they (Rutherford, Carrack etc) were average middle class types done well, but Paul stood out as the man with real soul

Fanx Tara

There's a house on near Altrincham/Hale which has a blue plaque outside, maybe it was where he lived. His name always rang a bell, now I know who he was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.