RIP Tony Grealish

R.I.P Tony. I remember that game against the filth very well, i know there were quite strict restrictions on ticket sales so a much lower crowd than normal, the gate was given as 32000 having said that we had 26,500 seats at the time and probably 90% of them were full so by that score there were 8000 on a Kippax holding 26000..Swales eh, don't you just love him!. I know Tony played like a Man possessed that day and John Gidman and Imre were also impressive.

Sad that there was no mention of his death on the official website, he might not have ben here for long but his other clubs at least had the decency to mark his passing on their sites.

philiph20 said:
R.I.P Tony. I remember that game against the filth very well, i know there were quite strict restrictions on ticket sales so a much lower crowd than normal, the gate was given as 32000 having said that we had 26,500 seats at the time and probably 90% of them were full so by that score there were 8000 on a Kippax holding 26000..Swales eh, don't you just love him!. I know Tony played like a Man possessed that day and John Gidman and Imre were also impressive.

Sad that there was no mention of his death on the official website, he might not have ben here for long but his other clubs at least had the decency to mark his passing on their sites.

Buses were deregulated on that day as well

Nice tribute on Irish tv after the gametonight don't remember him personally in the blue shirt but he scored some nice goals for Ireland in the vt jusy shown.

I remember the Derby you are referring to though my first real Derby memory was that header.

RIP.

RIP Tony.the 80s for me was a special time.promotions and relegations,some hopes and then total failure.but there where players I really liked. Tony grealish was one.i loved the way he could take opponents out. Not the best to pull on the blue shirt but he earnt his money.sad day

City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
During the late 60s I was in a Rock shop in Brighton. The owner spotted my City shirt and commented that he knew quite a few city players personally from the days when he was the Manager.
At first I thought he meant the Manager of the Rock shop, but it transpired that he was Chris Cattlin, the former Manager of Brighton from 1983-1987.
After discussing Gordon Smith, Michael Robinson and the John Bond resignation (City fan allegedly spitting at Bond on the way home from the 4-0 Cup defeat) I happened to mention the Grealish foul on Whiteside.
Cattlin laughed and confessed that Grealish had never forgiven Whiteside for a cowardly foul on the Brighton full back, Chris Ramsey during the 1983 Cup final. Ramsey never played for Brighton again and Grealish took it personally, vowing to avenge the assault.
Coincidentally his debut for City was against United and Grealish promised that he would put Whiteside on his arse at the first opportunity.
As already mentioned, he did this in quite spectacular fashion.
An obvious Red Card in 2013, but apparently he said to Whiteside “That’s for Chris”
I remember Grealish making his debut against Man United.R.i.p Tony Grealish

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.