Rishi Sunak

west didsblue

Guess we need a Sunak thread now it's odds on he's going to be the next PM.

Can he actually be a success?

Can he shake off his association with the Johnson government that delivered us the worst of all worlds when we exited the EU?

Can he shake off his personal scandals related to non-dom and his wife's tax affairs?

Can he shake off his history of being a toffee nosed twat totally out of touch with working people? (levelling up for Tory rural seats and recordings about the working class from when he was young)

Will the sizeable contingent of overt and latent racists within the ranks of Tory voters swallow their distaste of a brown person being PM and support him? (that comment is mostly aimed at the UKIP and BXP supporters that fell in behind the Tories, although it would appear there is not an insignificant number of them amongst Tory Party members as well)

In my opinion there's not a snowball in hell's chance he can overcome all that and be a force at the next election. The best we can hope for is that he steadies the ship ahead of losing the election whenever it happens.

Guess we need a Sunak thread now it's odds on he's going to be the next PM.

Can he actually be a success?

Can he shake off his association with the Johnson government that delivered us the worst of all worlds when we exited the EU?

Can he shake off his personal scandals related to non-dom and his wife's tax affairs?

Can he shake off his history of being a toffee nosed twat totally out of touch with working people? (levelling up for Tory rural seats and recordings about the working class from when he was young)

Will the sizeable contingent of overt and latent racists within the ranks of Tory voters swallow their distaste of a brown person being PM and support him? (that comment is mostly aimed at the UKIP and BXP supporters that fell in behind the Tories, although it would appear there is not an insignificant number of them amongst Tory Party members as well)

In my opinion there's not a snowball in hell's chance he can overcome all that and be a force at the next election. The best we can hope for is that he steadies the ship ahead of losing the election whenever it happens.
Nailed it with the last paragraph.

All PM's have skeletons in the closet and all will be hammered by the opposition and press

at present Sunak is really what we need

already forecast interest rates have dropped massively

if he can restore some leadership and sensible policy's then it would be a welcome break not to have the circus that we've had these last few years

Of course, I want him and the Torys to lose the next election but think it's only fair to give the benefit of doubt and give him a chance which he should have had a few months ago

All PM's have skeletons in the closet and all will be hammered by the opposition and press

at present Sunak is really what we need

already forecast interest rates have dropped massively

if he can restore some leadership and sensible policy's then it would be a welcome break not to have the circus that we've had these last few years

Of course, I want him and the Torys to lose the next election but think it's only fair to give the benefit of doubt and give him a chance which he should have had a few months ago
Exactly. The Tories ain't calling an election any time soon so we're stuck with whoever gets the gig and for all Sunak's faults, he's probably the best option to try and instil a modicum of stability.

I will be voting Labour at the next GE regardless, but I don't dislike Sunak too much. Sure, he's tainted by being a part of Johnson's government plus all that non-dom stuff that came out but he wasn't just serving Johnson - he was serving the country, and he did come to his senses eventually about Johnson, albeit belatedly.

Plus it will be funny as fuck seeing the piss-boiling amongst all the racist cunts in the Conservative Party if he become PM!

I posted it in another thread, but now he's got his own:

"I have friends who are aristocrats, I have friends who are upper class, I have friends who are working class… well.... not working class..."

I'll be surprised if I get any help from him. Me and the wife are in that bracket of both working and earning above minimum wage, but considerably less than the average UK salary. We seem to always end up getting fucked over.

My mortgage rate has doubled, my pension contribution % has increased from this month with a plan for it to further increase, energy prices have rocketed and fuck knows what will happen after April, weekly food shop is getting ridiculous and the fuel prices are on the way back up.

For the first time in my adult life, I'm feeling the squeeze and if it carries on, I genuinely don't know how long I'll manage.

Not barking mad. Other than that plus point, he is very entitled, too immersed in US culture, has little understanding of Britain and even less of Europe, is way too sensitive to be an effective politician and is an actual Brexiteer as opposed to the fake ones we’ve had recently. This, alas, makes him a moron.

I give it six months and then a General Election.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.