Riverdance 30 years on

I remember watching it live in the Eurovision interval . Thought it was brilliant

I remember a good few decades back watching the full Riverdance show live at the Arlington hotel on Batchelors walk in Dublin. Obviously not Michael Flattery, but nevertheless an evening of music, merriment and dance to take us well into those twilight hours.

If ever anyones planning on visiting the Emerald Isles, then I can highly reccomend this hotel set on the banks of the river Liffy, that put on turns and Irish music throughout the week. (check as it's been a while)

These two couples couples joined in with us for the entertainment, and even though we were a good tad younger than them we got on like a house on fire. The man on the left, Liam if I remember rightly, wouldnt drink the black stuff even though he was a local, as he said it taste like shite in a bucket! I cant really disgree with that.

IllNZPX.jpg

Last edited:
I came across Flatley a few times.
He had bought a big mansion in North Cork
Once after a race meeting, a few off us stopped off for a few drinks.
I'd often seen him in the pub lbut this time Flatley was sitting at the bar, downing drink with a few other thirsty friends of his.
I didn't recognise them but they seemed to be regulars.
I found out that they were Donovan, who lived close to him, Shaun Ryder and a very famous film star whose name escapes me at the moment. The film star was an unreal drinker. All I remember is that he died shortly after. I'm going to Google him now as I think he may have won an Oscar.

Flatley seemed to have a good relationship with the locals and was really good at darts and pool.
I know he was a good boxer winning a Chicago Golden Gloves boxing title ,along with an All-Ireland Flute Championship and becoming the first American to win the World Irish Dancing Championships, all by the age of 17.

found out that they were Donovan, who lived close to him, Shaun Ryder and a very famous film star whose name escapes me at the moment. The film star was an unreal drinker. All I remember is that he died shortly after. I'm going to Google him now as I think he may have won an Oscar.
Have him now.
Oliver Reed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.