#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a player that came through a French second division academy, who was signed by a Championship club, he’s one fine player!

Well done to Leicester’s scouts, that is one hell of a scouting coup!

They appear to have a very good scouting set up there.

Amazing that the dippers haven't hacked into their system ……………….yet .

Riyad is finally starting to make more right than wrong decisions in buildup with us, which is substantially improving his impact on our play as a whole, beyond just getting goals or assists. That is what sets great players apart from good ones, and what really saw him get the PFA POTY honours when he was with Leicester.

If he continues on that path he could be one of our most influential players, even if he is top line stats don’t necessarily reflect it, which I can assure you is exactly what Pep and co want. You just have to look at Raheem to see how that is valued.

Pep has always valued overall contribution (to the team) above all else and I think Riyad is finally understanding that demand and seeing how he can fulfill it.

Long may it continue.

Never thought i would be writing this , but alongsdie KDB probably our most consistent player over the last 3 months , and if everyone is fit , on current form he is a definite starter , Pep has changed his mentality from being billy big bollocks at a top ten team , too being an essential cog in the best "football" team around

Never thought i would be writing this , but alongsdie KDB probably our most consistent player over the last 3 months , and if everyone is fit , on current form he is a definite starter , Pep has changed his mentality from being billy big bollocks at a top ten team , too being an essential cog in the best "football" team around
It’s not so shocking though considering his consistency at Leicester.

I think the reason it’s taken him a little longer than your average player to settle is that while he is adjusting to our team, Pep has had to adjust to him as well.

He no longer has this fixed strictly wide right role that Sane and Sterling adhered to last season. He has freedom to drift all over, similar to the freedom Kevin has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.