#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez is a trump card player, he's the only player really capable of a moment of magic. Yes he can be frustrating but you can't understate the value of having a player like him in the squad.

Fucking hell, seriously? Mind-blowing that someone can believe this when our squad contains Kevin De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Sergio Agüero, Phil Foden and more. It's confirmation bias because occasional moments of magic are all Riyad really has. Doesn't mean the others don't do it as well, they just do other things on top of it.

I'm always surprised when people seem to think he doesn't work hard. Who gets anywhere near a Pep team without working hard?

His body language can seem a bit moody at times, which I think sparks some of the discourse, but Pep is not playing anyone who doesn't put in a shift.

I'm always surprised when people seem to think he doesn't work hard. Who gets anywhere near a Pep team without working hard?

His body language can seem a bit moody at times, which I think sparks some of the discourse, but Pep is not playing anyone who doesn't put in a shift.
There's some players who are often mistaken as 'lazy', might be due to the way the run, control the ball or generally gives off that impression. Mahrez is often mistaken as one, as did Gundogan by some. You are right, lazy players don't get into Pep's team.

There's some players who are often mistaken as 'lazy', might be due to the way the run, control the ball or generally gives off that impression. Mahrez is often mistaken as one, as did Gundogan by some. You are right, lazy players don't get into Pep's team.
Just so.

The quintessential "lazy" play was Dimitar Ivanov Berbatov - but what a talent! Berbatov would lazily, effortlessly dribble pass multiple defenders without a care in the world and then put the ball into the back of the net.

That said, I prefer that players on our side clearly apply themselves 100% on the field... and Mahrez is a notch or two below Berbatov to be forgiven "lazy" play.

Some people have their minds made up and will never change them, no matter what the evidence in front of them says. It happens in all walks of life

Mahrez has been superb tonight. Some nice dribbles, crosses and switches of play to Cancelo. Capped it with a fine goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.