#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see Messi taking Mahrez' spot tbh, Mahrez plays wide right for us and even though they are similar, I thinik Pep sees Messi in more central positions as he has been playing lately.

Most likely in the false 9 role, Mahrez has almost never played there.
If Mess comes, I think he takes Gundogan's spot as one of the two 8s in that case we almost always have to play Godsn Gabby and Bernado as the front 3 so their press can make up for the lack of press Messi will come with.

If Mess comes, I think he takes Gundogan's spot as one of the two 8s in that case we almost always have to play Godsn Gabby and Bernado as the front 3 so their press can make up for the lack of press Messi will come with.
I'm not sure about that. This season our midfielders have been our hardest working pressers. Our forwards are still hardworking but they're more preoccupied with blocking off passes than anything. Playing Messi in midfield would undo much of this season's successful tactics. Playing him in a forward, he can be used like Aguero has in his brief appearances this season (someone who will press reliably but rarely track back).

The 8s have to work really hard off the ball, but basically with mccity said, if he just presses as our 9 up top, without having to come to deep to defend, we can probably get more out of him.

He can still drop deep to be a playmaker, but expecting defensive work in the midfield from him is going to be a problem, up top its not as much of an issue.

Y'all crazy if you think that if Messi comes (I'd fucking love it), he would take Mahrez's spot. He's not 25 anymore and that's definitely not where Pep would play him. He would either use him as false nine, a right midfielder or free-to-roam somewhere in the middle. Anywhere where he doesn't have to put a defensive shift.

I personally think that you'd be better off in the long-term if you sign Haarland, but if you manage to get Messi in the PL, I'll be watching all of your games.

Y'all crazy if you think that if Messi comes (I'd fucking love it), he would take Mahrez's spot. He's not 25 anymore and that's definitely not where Pep would play him. He would either use him as false nine, a right midfielder or free-to-roam somewhere in the middle. Anywhere where he doesn't have to put a defensive shift.

I personally think that you'd be better off in the long-term if you sign Haarland, but if you manage to get Messi in the PL, I'll be watching all of your games.
Ww probably would sign both. Not one or the other.

I don't see Messi taking Mahrez' spot tbh, Mahrez plays wide right for us and even though they are similar, I thinik Pep sees Messi in more central positions as he has been playing lately.

Most likely in the false 9 role, Mahrez has almost never played there.
Yep. Messi, although still a fantastic player, doesn't have as much fitness as he used to have. Quique Setien shifted Messi to the right, and his right flank/RB got rightly exposed due to the imbalance.

If Messi does come, he will most likely be played in the middle as you say. It's also where I think atm, is his ideal position to influence.

Looking forward to FFS ripping Burgerking a new arsehole on Sunday , our Algerian stalwart is in sensational form at the moment , Burgerboy will try to give him a good kicking if he can get near him but i am quite sure Mr.Taylor will clamp down on any rough house tactics :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.