Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a great player but as others have said, he is more effective on the right wing, like Sterling and Bernardo. Sterling would have to play more on the left wing and I don't know if that's a good idea. We'll see.

This is still a Pep team so technique and trickery more than shade it IMO. We have pace and athleticism from Walker, Mendy, Sterling and Sane on our flanks but we also need what players like Bernardo and Mahrez can bring.

Pep clearly recognizes the physical / athletic requirements of the Premier League but he just does not sign plays who lack technique and, IMO, Zaha does.
The
This is why Zaha is better for me. We have Bernado who has trickery and it hasn't been as successful for him out wide. Mahrez also will find the lack of space, that is unlike what he currently enjoys, less amenable to his cute legovers and nutmegs on the wing. Just like Bernado has.

Zaha is more like Sane and Sterling. Those are the wingers that prosper against packed defenses. It's also a bit of a stretch to say Zaha lacks technique. He doesn't. It's just not expressed within a well structured system like Pep's.

But this is a moot argument, as I'll take either with open arms. :)

You’re arguing against points I’ve never made. Stop being a dick.

Read your original post that I replied to. I’ve not said anything outlandish nor any of the straw men you’re now arguing against.
ok , i dont think its worth paying 50mil+ for a player we dont need and you do, so lets leave it at that

Folks on red cafe not happy! Lol piss funny

Get him or not at least I get to wind some rags up for 24hrs. Would love him here though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.