Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fair enough reply, I am sure Leicester have bought as many duffers as we have over the years, they certainly got lucky 3 times in their title year with Mahrez and Kante and add vardy and Drinkwater to that mix an they did alright, my point was really lashing out 70m or so on a player that though good is not KDB or indeed the potential of Sane, I know it is boring and I know the football manager style fans don’t like to discuss such things but injuries used to be the time a youth could make a name for himself by being given the minutes to fill in for a bit, I am not advocating putting them in for a champions league final (but then again that has happened successfully in the past for two players both keepers as well) but they do need to get more game time and buying Mahrez lessons that chance moving forward, also he is a renowned moody player and I can’t see him being that happy to play 20-30 games a season after being the big fish in the small pond.

It is all well and good but having 25 world class players can’t work as the way modern footballers view themselves means eventually a third of those will become unsettled at not being first choice, it will be interesting to see what happens at Centre half now with 4 very good players jostling for two places unless we are planning on moving back to 3-5-2 and add to that Tosin who got arsey when we signed otamendi and now has another young centre half to dislodge to get a game, I can see him leaving soon siting lack of game time chances but we will see.
The answer though can’t be to play kids to replace our injury list at a time when we are seriously looking at an unprecedented quadruple. We are very close to 2 out of 4 and looking ok in the other 2. Fine, the odd 10/20 mins when the game is won but not as replacement ’best team’ players. They wouldn’t cope an£ it would harm them. It wouldn’t help our chances of trophies either. The only thing that can stop us being serial title winners this year is injuries. The chance to bring in quality like Laporte and Mahrez to strengthen the squad should be jumped on - it will b3 the difference between a good season and a historic one.

Agreed, you're probably better off looking abroad tbh, shame Walsh moved on he had a good eye for players from the French league.
That's the problem, the late bid means any chance of going abroad is probably a complete non starter. Best option is a loan for Ben Arfa who Puel has worked with before... if you see him on the move, then something will happen.

Agreed, you're probably better off looking abroad tbh, shame Walsh moved on he had a good eye for players from the French league.

Walsh has been shown to be a pretender at Everton. He got lucky with some gambles at Leicester, his selection of targets when given money and with people scrutinising him has been laughably bad.

He's in the form of his life after we did that in the summer. We're not standing in his way, people constantly low balling us thinking we're little old Leicester is what's standing in his way of a move.

We're about to announce a new £80m training complex today, we aren't Burnley or Swansea. Saints seem to get value for all their players, yet people expect us to accept any old offer.

Don't think you are little old Leicester, we are city fans that have had to watch our team loose to Stockport county. The offer being made is three times greater than the offers last summer, not insignificant. We regularly lost players to the likes of Everton and Spurs. Players only have one short career, if they want to be Champions of Europe, they have to join a top club. Thanks to the investment in the last ten years, we are now a top club that can compete with any in the world. Don't blame the player or the Clubs. We are in a position to do something special this season and want to give the manager every chance. You have got Natcho of us for £25m. this will seem like peanuts in a couple of years.

Walsh has been shown to be a pretender at Everton. He got lucky with some gambles at Leicester, his selection of targets when given money and with people scrutinising him has been laughably bad.
He's not a fraud, he's built three totally different teams here that won the top three leagues of English football for £30m. He's signed two players of the year for £6m, he spotted N'didi who is off the charts in terms of tackles etc and will fetch way more than he cost amongst others.

What he's had there is a) a manger with different ideas, picking his own players b) a board sticking their oar in and sanctioning moves for old duffers like Rooney. And c) the players aren't being given a chance to gel and grow, because they've spent a bit of cash and everyone expects an instant result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.