Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single close season we get some smartarse new poster who pops up, follows Tolmie slavishly, then expresses cynicism, usually in a bizarrely cocksure fashion. Here's a tip, mate: nobody knows or cares who you are or what you say. Some of us know who Tolmie is and care about what he says. So keep your salt in your pocket.
There's absolutely no need for any of that. He was just pointing out, quite rightly, that Tolmie's word is not to be taken as gospel. Your reaction was totally uncalled for.

I honestly don't get the panic about another prem club getting him. If Liverpool are going to pay £100m for him then they could just as easily spend the same elsewhere in Europe, as could we. In short they will strengthen either way for that kind of money so it's pointless flapping about them strengthening.

It's ok if we walk away for that asking price because we can go elsewhere. As the transfer window draws on Leicester will get twitcher than us about it that's for sure, especially if we put bids in for other targets in the same position, they'll fold before we do unless someone else comes in.

Some need to stop pretending FFP is gone for good, what ever reasons you can come up with to ignore it, I will simply counter with: Why even risk sanctions when we know UEFA have no love for us?

I'm quite tired of those few blues always calling for us to be the mugs when it comes to transfers(it's not always the right answer sorry to break it to you... see Mangala, see Bony and so on), let Liverpool take that reputation from us and see how it slows down their recruitment when they get a name for it because we're better off financially as a club and it's been slowing us down for the last few years. £70m is generous enough for his quality, age, years left on contract... that's not peanuts by any stretch of imagination it's 60-70 MILLION he's never going to be our star player I don't get why would smash our transfer record with that in mind.

That may all be true (unfortunately), but I still don't get why we don't put a serious and well considered legal challenge of ffp in. It's the only thing stopping us seriously dominating for years, we shouldn't just take it and let the old cartel win who voted it in purely to stop us. There must be viable legal grounds why it could be challenged.

That may all be true (unfortunately), but I still don't get why we don't put a serious and well considered legal challenge of ffp in. It's the only thing stopping us seriously dominating for years, we shouldn't just take it and let the old cartel win who voted it in purely to stop us. There must be viable legal grounds why it could be challenged.
Because our owners want us to be self sustaining. FFP suits us now.

Might be that our owner wants us to be self sufficient as we have been the last three seasons so spending our own money we haven’t got a bottomless pit and pay what ever! It’s why we take long negotiating deals and not bought a player for more than 57m.

I hope we dont spend a 2nd transfer window chasing one player. We did this with Sanchez and wouldnt like to see us do it again....We only seem to be targeting 2 positions so hopefully we'll move on soon if nothing is happening and sign someone that will take part in pre-season training and be integrated into the squad before the season. The club seemed to stand firm over Jorginho and showed interest in other players, hopefully we start to do the same with this transfer and then if Leicester continues in the same way, we just move on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.