Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely gutted if he goes but can’t blame him with the amount of money he can potentially make. One of our most clutch players and such a wonderful player that you can’t really find in the world of football anymore.

Yeah its a conundrum, hard type to replace also, maybe City will go in another direction completely.
He’s been so important since coming in. There are no players on the market that can fill his shoes even if they are going another way

Brilliant player for us, best first touch in football. When he goes I'm going to guess winger targets will start being briefed.

What a baller! Mahrez played a huge part in City success the last 4 years... Wishing him the best in his new venture.

We need to be going in big for a replacement. Like for like isn't possible given his skillset but I'd expect us not to be shy and bring in a world class winger if indeed he leaves

As far as I know, we want 35m quid, and Al Ahli offered us 30. Thus, an agreement shouldn't be an issue.

We will not sign anyone better than Riyad. We can forget it. What we can do is sign someone hungrier and, if we are lucky, with a higher ceiling.

Yes, agree. He's had his faults but overall has done a really good job for us. I wish he could stay one more season but maybe Palmer will get more chances in what is his best position.
5 seasons for roughly £30 million is very good value for us

We need to be going in big for a replacement. Like for like isn't possible given his skillset but I'd expect us not to be shy and bring in a world class winger if indeed he leaves
Looking at the past, City won’t go for a world class winger, but a hungry winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.