Road bike tyre pressure's

I have mine anywhere between 100-120psi

One word of warning. When a 120psi tyre blows, you know about it. I can still hear the popping noise about 5 years on.

Pumped it up full, stuck it back in the shed and boom.

Normal thinking on 23mm tyres is 110 psi front 120 rear, although more and more road cyclists are running 23mm front and 25mm rear which allows the rear to be at a lower pressure without impacting speed but does help the feel and handling up front but a more comfy ride at the back end.

Sounds a bit strange but works very well

GrumpyFrog said:
Apologies if it's blooming obvious but I wouldn't recommend inflating to 120psi with a regular hand pump.

Track pump all the way! - Although i do take a lezyne mini pressure drive with me when out on the bike for if i puncture and for such a small pump it can get a decent pressure into the tube.. beautifully made too<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:04 pm --<br /><br />all this bike chat is making me feel guilty that i havent been out on the bike over the winter!! - need to get the old girl out, dust her down and give her a decent lube up and take her out!

mcfc_ms said:

One word of warning. When a 120psi tyre blows, you know about it. I can still hear the popping noise about 5 years on.

Haha! I've done that, instant tinnitus! Had my first puncture in months on Friday. I think caused by my back wheel falling down a grid slit as I negotiated the traffic at the lights.
Why the face the grids in the direction of travel instead of across it I'll never know. I run mine at about 100 psi front and 110 rear.

My brother came to visit last year vas brought his bike. He's very keen and has very expensive bikes. He uses these co2 things that take next to no time to inflate. He did pop one though when he was pumping one up and it was like a bomb went off !!

Judge Roughneck said:
mcfc_ms said:

Haha! I've done that, instant tinnitus! Had my first puncture in months on Friday. I think caused by my back wheel falling down a grid slit as I negotiated the traffic at the lights.
Why the face the grids in the direction of travel instead of across it I'll never know. I run mine at about 100 psi front and 110 rear.

This! My mate ended up over his bars and into a parked car bacause of this!

skelpomike said:
Judge Roughneck said:
mcfc_ms said:

This! My mate ended up over his bars and into a parked car bacause of this!

Now you mention it, does seems like a pretty stupid thing to do!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.