Robbie Fowler signs with Australia A-League Side

I watch the odd game. Watching the EPL weekly makes these guys look like geriatric football league -- you get the odd good goal, but only because the defense is truly shite.

Top quality signing for the a-league in general to boost this sport over here. Even though Robbie Fowler has lost his touch he still should do fine if he can get in the right areas, he'll have more time on the ball and he will be adorded by fans everywhere (which will ultimately get the gate numbers up).

The a-league is the standard of the lower championship/upper league 1. Even though it can be frustating now with the inclusion of the youth league there is a system put in place so the sport can grow in Australia. Australians are geniunly sporting atheletes and if we didnt have that game named 'GAY.F.L' they we would be alot more competitve in football.

adammck said:
Top quality signing for the a-league in general to boost this sport over here. Even though Robbie Fowler has lost his touch he still should do fine if he can get in the right areas, he'll have more time on the ball and he will be adorded by fans everywhere (which will ultimately get the gate numbers up).

The a-league is the standard of the lower championship/upper league 1. Even though it can be frustating now with the inclusion of the youth league there is a system put in place so the sport can grow in Australia. Australians are geniunly sporting atheletes and if we didnt have that game named GAY.F.L they we would be alot more competitve in football.

You're right there, McKnight.

I for one will defintely be at the Sydney FC v. NQ game purely to see Fowler.

NathanC said:
I watch the odd game. Watching the EPL weekly makes these guys look like geriatric football league -- you get the odd good goal, but only because the defense is truly shite.

I have been to a few Sydney FC games and the thing that gets me is how slow it is compared to the Premier League, Championship and even leagues below. There seems to be no rush to do anything in the matches - no hassling, no pressure on the man who has the ball. This makes for a pretty boring spectacle.

Do get some good goals though but as pointed out, more to do with the dire standard of defending than great buil up/execution. I mean, one of the league's top scorers this season was Eugene Dadi - a man who failed at Tranmere. What does that tell you? Fowler will clean up out here as pace isn't needed........

I don't think it's fair to compare Danny Mills to Fowler.

Mills doesn't get a look in for City because he has been rubbish. But when he did play he at least gave it his best shot. Yes, he may have turned down moves because of wages, who knows, but I bet he'd like nothing more than to get back in the first team picture here.

Fowler, on the other hand, is one of the biggest disgraces to have pulled on a City shirt in recent yers.

The man was being rewarded with wages that were staggering - much better than Mill's I would guess. Yet time and again he just refused to conduct himself in anything approaching a professional manner. From the first time he stepped on the pitch you could tell he didn't want to be here and wasn't interested.

He gave up on his career because he was sulking that he wasn't still the top Liverpool striker he had previously been. A few goals don't make up for the bulk of awful, disinterested performances he put in as a rule.

The man even has the cheek to admit as much in his book. Every week he was taking thousands out of the pocket of City fans, obscene money, whilst knowing tht he didn't give a shit and was short changing them.

Even worse, when he signed for Liverpool again he had the gall to state publically that it would mean that he now trained harder and worked to get fit properly.

Was £60,000 a week or whatever he was on not enough to encourage him to get fit here and train hard?

At least Danny Mills, when not injured, is theoretically fit enough to pull on the shirt. Fowler was never fit enough to play decent football whilst here and that was almost solely down to his own attitude. Never mind his mythical depression over having a hip injury.

This man was a parasite at this club and has little equal in recent times.

No doubt he now intends to rob his Aussie employers. one of the biggest disgraces to his profession that I've ever seen, regardless of his natural talent.

Plus, what about the way he treated Cardiff.

When he got injured, they stuck by him, and tried to rehabilitate him during the off-season. Then Fowler wants to fuck off to Blackburn with his bumchum Ince. Fowler doesn't like the deal offered, and has the hide to ask for his job at Cardiff back!

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I don't think it's fair to compare Danny Mills to Fowler.

Mills doesn't get a look in for City because he has been rubbish. But when he did play he at least gave it his best shot. Yes, he may have turned down moves because of wages, who knows, but I bet he'd like nothing more than to get back in the first team picture here.

Fowler, on the other hand, is one of the biggest disgraces to have pulled on a City shirt in recent yers.

The man was being rewarded with wages that were staggering - much better than Mill's I would guess. Yet time and again he just refused to conduct himself in anything approaching a professional manner. From the first time he stepped on the pitch you could tell he didn't want to be here and wasn't interested.

He gave up on his career because he was sulking that he wasn't still the top Liverpool striker he had previously been. A few goals don't make up for the bulk of awful, disinterested performances he put in as a rule.

The man even has the cheek to admit as much in his book. Every week he was taking thousands out of the pocket of City fans, obscene money, whilst knowing tht he didn't give a shit and was short changing them.

Even worse, when he signed for Liverpool again he had the gall to state publically that it would mean that he now trained harder and worked to get fit properly.

Was £60,000 a week or whatever he was on not enough to encourage him to get fit here and train hard?

At least Danny Mills, when not injured, is theoretically fit enough to pull on the shirt. Fowler was never fit enough to play decent football whilst here and that was almost solely down to his own attitude. Never mind his mythical depression over having a hip injury.

This man was a parasite at this club and has little equal in recent times.

No doubt he now intends to rob his Aussie employers. one of the biggest disgraces to his profession that I've ever seen, regardless of his natural talent.

That's a pretty unfair view on him in my opinion, sure we got him at the tail end of his career and when he was being lazy, but when he got over his problem's he put in more than 100% and left us with a parting gift in the 3-1 win against the scum!

WE ALL LIVE IN A ROBBIE FOWLER HOUSE!

1st time post long time fan :)

christ, the way sydneys' played over the last season, we'd ave him.

North Queensland is based out of townsville, a bloody hole...

Q. Where is the best place to view Townsville. A: Your rear-view mirror

he'll be out in no more than 12months, more like six.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.