Robbie Keane walked out

Not interested in Keane - he's not what we need up front - too similar to Bellend.

We need to be lookin at a big target man, not another short-arse with pace.

Plus, not sure I could stand there cheering for a goal only to see that fookin horrendous 'celebration' heading towards me - would put me right off!

You're a fickle lot. There were people on here suggesting last season he was better than Rooney, now because he's having a bit of a mare for Liverpool you all think he's crap and not good enough for us

So because a player walks out he is immediately a city target.

I hear Marlon Harewood is unsettled at Villa, must be a target!!!

svennis pennis said:
So because a player walks out he is immediately a city target.

I hear Marlon Harewood is unsettled at Villa, must be a target!!!

true, the owners money is burning a hole in the fans and presses pockets, and they all want to spend it for them

mcigo said:
You're a fickle lot. There were people on here suggesting last season he was better than Rooney, now because he's having a bit of a mare for Liverpool you all think he's crap and not good enough for us

never rated him!

Optimus Prime said:
Not interested in Keane - he's not what we need up front - too similar to Bellend.

We need to be lookin at a big target man, not another short-arse with pace.

Plus, not sure I could stand there cheering for a goal only to see that fookin horrendous 'celebration' heading towards me - would put me right off!

I'm not particularly interested in Keane either, but I have to ask:
Have ever watched Keane and Bellamy play?????
They are not at all similar! Bellamy is a far more dynamic player, with a lot of pace and directness. He has ridiculous pace and uses it to drag defenders about, creating space for other players. He'll run at defenders and such is his pace he'll receive the ball in wide positions and be devastating.
Keane has no such pace, but he does have a decent footballing brain and will use it to play other players in. He's got decent movement but because of his lack of pace he is at his best when surrounded by others with pace who can create space for him to run into, otherwise he is more straightforward to defend against.
To contrast the two, just look how differently top defenders have defended against Keane and Bellamy in recent seasons: against Keane, the tactic of pushing right up as they know he lacks pace is far less risky than it is against Bellamy with his pace.
The two players are absolutely nothing alike and, though I'm not a great fan of either, I do have to say that I think they are different enough to work well together. (Though I'd prefer a more physical striker than Keane, as we struggle to hold the ball in advanced positions).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.