Robert Mugabe

R.I.P. Very sad, a great man, who will be sorely m... eh? Mugabe you say? Fuck him, horrible ****.

And if at all possible he has left the country with an even worse leader.

Might be that I'm going to get flak for this but here it goes. My wife is from zim and her family are Shona from Harare. It strikes me as weird but their opinion of the man is hugely different to what is expressed on this board and in the news in general from what I can see from her family and circle of friends their opinion of him is quite nuanced.

He is still thought of as someone who helped found the country and remove apartheid. That still weighs heavily in his favour, yes even against his masscre of the Ndebeles, corruption and general tanking of the economy. The general consenus is that he stayed too long and should of stepped down in the late 90s. As interesting aside, far more vitriol is directed at his wife than him and a lot of people have suggested it was the death of the first wife that was critical in it all going to hell.

As in relation to the above poster your right, this death will not change anything. I was in Harare last month and it is crazy. No electricity except from 11pm-5am. Water not running properly, no currency and everyone using US dollars, as for inflation bread was 7 US Dollars when I was there an the petrol lines were hours long. Hard to see where or when it will get better.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.