robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forzacitizens said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
Forzacitizens said:
Yeh definitely feel we need a centre back, difficult thing is would he replace Lescott?

Martinez would be great. You've got to be looking at

25 mill for RVP
25-30 mill for Bale
20 - 25 mill for a defender

I'd say similar mate but think Bale will be more like 35mill.

Its a toughy re Lescott but he forced Toure out of the team and he could do it again with another CB. Im sure Lescott is professional enough to realise rotation is key

perhaps, but i wouldn't pay 35. I think in Europe we need a CB who is more comfortable on the ball

35mill will be small change mate when you take into consideration what that 35mill could mean in terms of honours. I agree with the CB comment although Lescott's passing and distribution has improved 100%

Rammyblues said:
i love seeing the average bluemooner trying to forecast city's wage strategy.

eg, dzeko on 120k leaves, van persie comes for 180k, therefore we can afford the 60k increase.

lol

another one; 'lets sell dzeko and tevez for combined 40 million, that way we can afford van persie and 25 million and only have to pay 10 mill out of our pockets when signing martinez for 25m'

doesn't work like this, this football club is expanding, so there are many injections of wealth into the club that determine the prices we can pay.

there are also sooooo many other factors to consider, such as the sale of all the other players that will leave, and the players that will join, and all the improved contracts, increase sponsorships, extra revenue streams, generally inflation in the market.... theres no point trying to predict city's financial strategy, its way too complex

I only did the maths as an example, I am not a financial expert. Personally I couldn't give a stuff what he costs or what salary he is on or whether I believe if we sign him whether he is value for money if Mancini and our owner want him and they believe the club can afford him is good enough for me. And that goes for any of our summer signings. I just want City to be the best :-)

i know it was probably a rough estimation of costs but it annoys me when some people talk about costs as in one player's fee and wages in terms of another!

i know it was probably a rough estimation of costs but it annoys me when some people talk about costs as in one player's fee and wages in terms of another!

Couldn't agree more but if you look through every transfer thread there has ever been everyone seems to think the money paid by the club is like their money. I just trust our club on this sort of thing and couldn't give a shit. If we pay 30m and 200K wages to RVP I don't give a fuck what I have is the opportunity of seeing a World Class Striker playing for God's only club. :-)

Any RVP doubters need to watch Liverpool v Arsenal. Liverpool dominate Arsenal and RVP saves the day with world class finishing.

Now think about Everton, Sunderland, Chelsea (he hammered them too under AVB) and Swansea. He would of probably scored in each of those games with the service he would get. A half chance volley or 25 yard shot or a net through ball by Nasri or Silva.

He makes sense. My personal preference is Cavani due to age and injury history, hut that aside RVP is the best finisher in the prem and he could be ours. Wow!!!

Sleeping_Easy said:
Does any know what the situation between RVP and nasri or clichy is like. Was RVP one of the players who had a go at nasri in the press?
I think they've all got the same agent, who is David Dein's son. Dein Snr apparently isn't very happy about the way Arsenal is being run and it looks like Dein Jnr is advising his clients to move away.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Sleeping_Easy said:
Does any know what the situation between RVP and nasri or clichy is like. Was RVP one of the players who had a go at nasri in the press?
I think they've all got the same agent, who is David Dein's son. Dein Snr apparently isn't very happy about the way Arsenal is being run and it looks like Dein Jnr is advising his clients to move away.

... and makinga few bob along the way...!!!

NipHolmes said:
Any RVP doubters need to watch Liverpool v Arsenal. Liverpool dominate Arsenal and RVP saves the day with world class finishing.

Now think about Everton, Sunderland, Chelsea (he hammered them too under AVB) and Swansea. He would of probably scored in each of those games with the service he would get. A half chance volley or 25 yard shot or a net through ball by Nasri or Silva.

He makes sense. My personal preference is Cavani due to age and injury history, hut that aside RVP is the best finisher in the prem and he could be ours. Wow!!!
He has scored 96 League goals in 8 seasons at Arsenal. That's 12 a season. Even if he's now a 20 goals a season man, I'd still prefer Aguero and Tevez. I hope he goes to Juventus thereby weakening Arsenal and leaving out team intact.

I don't know what all the fuss is about for Martinez. I watch La Liga every week and for me Martinez is just an average player, decent but nowt great.

winchamblue said:
I don't know what all the fuss is about for Martinez. I watch La Liga every week and for me Martinez is just an average player, decent but nowt great.

Cheers,however,this is the RVP thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.